PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing a new rod/reel - need opinions

Dre
December 23rd, 2003, 05:00 PM
Hi all, I'm going for a trip to Quebec this upcoming weekend and I'm gonna
purchase a rod and reel. I checked online and the store we're going to is
selling some rod/reel combo's and I'm quite interested in the following
combo that they have:

Rod -> Shimano Clarus 6'10" (I think they made a mistake here because the
Shimano webiste only lists 6'6")
Reel -> Shimano Sahara 2000 or 4000 (I'm thinking of getting the 2000 since
I mostly do trout fishing)

This combo is 160$ CND plus tax.

Is this a good purchase??

Thanks,

Dre

licker
December 28th, 2003, 01:32 AM
This is a good rod and reel depending on what you plan on fishing for. I
never fished rainbow trout or brown trout so I not familiar with what size
gear is needed.
I do use the Sahara reel to catch speckle trout and it works great. Very
smooth reel. I match my reel with a 7 foot St Croix rod (Medium Heavy
action) that I already owned.

Any rod or reel from Shimano is good quality and I am sure you will be
satisfied with it.

Sarge