PDA

View Full Version : fishing in georgia

Bigmouththbass
December 25th, 2003, 06:27 AM
having just moved to georgia im lookin for people to fish with...northwest of
atlanta..i fish for trout bass and catfish and i am not having much luck
catching alot...ive caught a few decent catfish but nothing big...and i am
lookin for someone willing to show me a few spots and give tips on what to
use..im from new jersey and did alot of bass and sal****er fishin up there but
this is very different because of the longer warm weather seasons and i just
cant pinpoint any fish..i have a few places i like to fish but i am always
willing to learn some more

thanks

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
December 25th, 2003, 11:20 AM
"Bigmouththbass" > wrote in message
> having just moved to georgia im lookin for people to fish with...northwest of
> atlanta..i fish for trout bass and catfish and i am not having much luck
> catching alot...ive caught a few decent catfish but nothing big...and i am
> lookin for someone willing to show me a few spots and give tips on what to
> use..im from new jersey and did alot of bass and sal****er fishin up there but
> this is very different because of the longer warm weather seasons and i just
> cant pinpoint any fish..i have a few places i like to fish but i am always
> willing to learn some more
>
> thanks

Check http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com in the next couple of days. One of my writers is from Georgia
and I'll be publishing another of his articles on fishing in Georgia.
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Allen
December 25th, 2003, 01:17 PM
Mr. BigMouthBass
Check out http://sea4two.net to find a fishing friend. I don't have
anyone
signed up in Georgia yet, but I hope to soon.

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Bigmouththbass" > wrote in message
> > having just moved to georgia im lookin for people to fish
with...northwest of
> > atlanta..i fish for trout bass and catfish and i am not having much luck
> > catching alot...ive caught a few decent catfish but nothing big...and i
am
> > lookin for someone willing to show me a few spots and give tips on what
> > use..im from new jersey and did alot of bass and sal****er fishin up
there but
> > this is very different because of the longer warm weather seasons and i
just
> > cant pinpoint any fish..i have a few places i like to fish but i am
always
> > willing to learn some more
> >
> > thanks
>
> Check http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com in the next couple of days. One of
my writers is from Georgia
> and I'll be publishing another of his articles on fishing in Georgia.
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

RGarri7470
December 28th, 2003, 10:23 PM
>having just moved to georgia im lookin for people to fish with...northwest of
>atlanta..i fish for trout bass and catfish and i am not having much luck

If you are interested in joining a bass club I can give you some contacts -
most clubs welcome new non-boaters and club fishing is a good way to learn.

I am about 50 miles south of Atlanta in Griffin.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

joe
December 30th, 2003, 03:40 AM
In article >,
(Bigmouththbass) wrote:

> having just moved to georgia im lookin for people to fish with...northwest of
> atlanta..i fish for trout bass and catfish and i am not having much luck
> catching alot...ive caught a few decent catfish but nothing big...and i am
> lookin for someone willing to show me a few spots and give tips on what to
> use..im from new jersey and did alot of bass and sal****er fishin up there but
> this is very different because of the longer warm weather seasons and i just
> cant pinpoint any fish..i have a few places i like to fish but i am always
> willing to learn some more

I do not do much bass fishing but have tried my hand at striper on
occasion. Trout is a different story; I have spent many years in the
trout streams. It is not as good as it once was with some of the trophy
streams but you can always find a stream with some trout to have a go at.

If you want some info on trout fishing I can pass along some info. For
bass there are many resources. I assume you are around Rome? Not as
familiar with the impoundments up that way either.

For striper I have used my kayak and hit shoals where the bait are
holding as water warms in spring. You find bait and you will find
striper near by usually.

My focus now is more on sal****er angling. It used to be easy to grab my
fly rod and a UL spinning outfit and drive 45 minutes to be on a
beautiful stream. Now I drive 6 - 8 hours to fish the flats in various
parts of FL.

I have some additional links on my resrouces page that may point you to
other sites with the info you need .

good fishin'

atljoe
--