PDA

View Full Version : International fishing trip - suggestions?

Jono Austin
January 6th, 2004, 06:55 AM
G'day,

A few mates and I are looking to take an overseas fishing trip at the
end of 2004. Probably over Christmas and New Years. The last few
years, we have gone up and down the east coast of Australia and we
want to venture overseas this year. We were tossing the idea around on
our last holiday (Shoal Bay, NSW) and thought that Bali or somewhere
in Indonesia would be a good idea.

The following was some suggested criteria:

a) inexpensive flights/accomodation (we are all on a budget)

b) good fishing (obviously). Ideally, we would do a few deep sea
charters and spend the rest of the time in estury, lakes, beach etc
fishing.

c) beautiful surroundings

d) good beer

e) good women :)

Does anyone have any suggestions/testimonial/horror stories? We are
all fit young blokes in our 20's and are merely looking to have the
time of our life.

Thanks for any help.

Best Regards,

Jono

Steve Paris
January 6th, 2004, 09:38 PM
"Jono Austin" > wrote in message
om...
> G'day,
>
> A few mates and I are looking to take an overseas fishing trip at the
> end of 2004. Probably over Christmas and New Years. The last few
> years, we have gone up and down the east coast of Australia and we
> want to venture overseas this year. We were tossing the idea around on
> our last holiday (Shoal Bay, NSW) and thought that Bali or somewhere
> in Indonesia would be a good idea.

Couldn't think of a worse place to go to try and a catch fish. The
majority of the Indo archipelago has been virtually fished out. Why do you
think they are constantly breaching our boarders to fish. Besides, Xmas /
New year, at this (tropics) part of the year is "wet season" and cyclones
abound, and the fishing is erratic, if you can even get to go out. Been
there, done that. Try Papua New Guinea, black bass & Spot tail Bass, as well
as other monster pelagics are still in huge quantities up there, but fish
any tropical region AFTER the wet season (April to Nov ). Cheers.

--
Steve Paris L/S
Tropical Cairns Nth Queensland

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
January 6th, 2004, 11:00 PM
"Jono Austin" > wrote in message
om...
> G'day,
>
> A few mates and I are looking to take an overseas fishing trip at the
> end of 2004. Probably over Christmas and New Years. The last few
> years, we have gone up and down the east coast of Australia and we
> want to venture overseas this year. We were tossing the idea around on
> our last holiday (Shoal Bay, NSW) and thought that Bali or somewhere
> in Indonesia would be a good idea.
>
> The following was some suggested criteria:
>
> a) inexpensive flights/accomodation (we are all on a budget)
>
> b) good fishing (obviously). Ideally, we would do a few deep sea
> charters and spend the rest of the time in estury, lakes, beach etc
> fishing.
>
> c) beautiful surroundings
>
> d) good beer
>
> e) good women :)
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions/testimonial/horror stories? We are
> all fit young blokes in our 20's and are merely looking to have the
> time of our life.

If you find such a place....

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers

Spider
January 6th, 2004, 11:28 PM
Try Fiji or Vanuatu I believe the fares and accommodation are pretty low to
those destinations. There is still some good fishing to be had in Thailand I
am told but I cant remember where I heard that.

Ross Mac
January 7th, 2004, 08:11 PM
"Jono Austin" > wrote in message
om...
> G'day,
>
> A few mates and I are looking to take an overseas fishing trip at the
> end of 2004. Probably over Christmas and New Years. The last few
> years, we have gone up and down the east coast of Australia and we
> want to venture overseas this year. We were tossing the idea around on
> our last holiday (Shoal Bay, NSW) and thought that Bali or somewhere
> in Indonesia would be a good idea.
>
> The following was some suggested criteria:
>
> a) inexpensive flights/accomodation (we are all on a budget)
>
> b) good fishing (obviously). Ideally, we would do a few deep sea
> charters and spend the rest of the time in estury, lakes, beach etc
> fishing.
>
> c) beautiful surroundings
>
> d) good beer
>
> e) good women :)
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions/testimonial/horror stories? We are
> all fit young blokes in our 20's and are merely looking to have the
> time of our life.
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Jono

If you are up for a long trip you might try Cabo in Mexico. Great fishing,
cheap accomodations and food and ah yes!
tons of fun in town. Sammy Hagar's Cabo Wabo is there along with his own
brand of Tequila. It's a very popular destination. Hope you guys have a
great time wherever you decide to go!....Ross

Dark Knight
January 14th, 2004, 03:58 AM
Any place you go fishing with your wife would naturally include the "good
women" part...

(Think that got me any brownie points???)

DK

"Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers" > wrote in message

> "Jono Austin" > wrote in message
> om...
> > G'day,
> >
> > A few mates and I are looking to take an overseas fishing trip at the
> > end of 2004. Probably over Christmas and New Years. The last few
> > years, we have gone up and down the east coast of Australia and we
> > want to venture overseas this year. We were tossing the idea around on
> > our last holiday (Shoal Bay, NSW) and thought that Bali or somewhere
> > in Indonesia would be a good idea.
> >
> > The following was some suggested criteria:
> >
> > a) inexpensive flights/accomodation (we are all on a budget)
> >
> > b) good fishing (obviously). Ideally, we would do a few deep sea
> > charters and spend the rest of the time in estury, lakes, beach etc
> > fishing.
> >
> > c) beautiful surroundings
> >
> > d) good beer
> >
> > e) good women :)
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions/testimonial/horror stories? We are
> > all fit young blokes in our 20's and are merely looking to have the
> > time of our life.
>
> If you find such a place....
>
> TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!
> --
> Steve
> OutdoorFrontiers
> http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
> G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
> http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
January 15th, 2004, 04:58 AM
"Dark Knight" > wrote in message
> Any place you go fishing with your wife would naturally include the "good
> women" part...
>
> (Think that got me any brownie points???)
>
> DK

Only if you make sure that she saw this. If so, good job......Does that mean you can come to the
Northwoods Classic this year?
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com
G & S Guide Service and Custom Rods
http://www.herefishyfishy.com

Jeff
August 22nd, 2004, 06:42 AM
Hey,
As far as fishing goes I have to say Norfolk Island, but not really a party
place for young people.

We caught enough fish on our first day to feed us and many others for our
week's stay. That was on a reef trip.
It was also very cheap compared to fishing charters here.

I watched others fishing from the rocks which looked great but for me, i was
more into the reef and deep sea.

The flight and accomodation was cheap and the duty free was good. Very
relaxing place.

--
Jeff

http://community.webshots.com/user/surfoz