PDA

View Full Version : Can You Help me Identify This Fish

South Jersey Investor
January 7th, 2004, 09:56 PM

licker
January 7th, 2004, 10:50 PM
It is shaped like a speckle trout but the drawing doesn't show and spots.
It lookslike it may have front teeth like a trout.

Sarge

David H. Lipman
January 7th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Mackerel.
Most likely Pacific Mackerel
The last time I answered a question like this, no one ever confirmed or denied it.

Feed back is requested !

Dave
From the beaches of Monmouth County

"South Jersey Investor" > wrote in message

licker
January 8th, 2004, 02:33 AM
I believe you may be right. I thought of speckle trout but I forgot to look
at the fork tail instead of a fan tail. It does resemble a mackeral shape.

Sarge

David H. Lipman
January 8th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Also look at the bony ridges from the dorsal fin to the tail fin.
Definitely NOT a trout but in the Mackerel family.
Of course it could also be a Tuna, but it's highly unlikely.

Dave

"licker" > wrote in message ...
| I believe you may be right. I thought of speckle trout but I forgot to look
| at the fork tail instead of a fan tail. It does resemble a mackeral shape.
|

| Sarge

Dre
January 8th, 2004, 11:59 AM
It's definately a Mackerel. The same kind we fish here in New-Brunswick. If
the colors were bright his back would be green. Here's a link to a better
picture:

http://www.brightonmarina-seafishing.co.uk/Mackerel.JPG

They are usually about 8-12 inches.

Hope this helps!

Dre

"South Jersey Investor" > wrote in message

Dre
January 8th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Here's another link with alot more information on Atlantic Mackerel:

http://www.atlanticherring.com/mackerel.htm

Dre

"Dre" > wrote in message
> It's definately a Mackerel. The same kind we fish here in New-Brunswick.
If
> the colors were bright his back would be green. Here's a link to a better
> picture:
>
> http://www.brightonmarina-seafishing.co.uk/Mackerel.JPG
>
> They are usually about 8-12 inches.
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> Dre
>
> "South Jersey Investor" > wrote in message

barbz
January 8th, 2004, 02:03 PM
South Jersey Investor wrote:

Looks like a Pacific Mackerel to me. Bleah, catfish bait!
barbz

Dre
January 8th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Could definately be a Pacific Mackerel also as it's identical to the
Atlantic Mackerel. The biggest difference between the two is the pacific
Mackerel has less fat.

Dre

"barbz" > wrote in message ...
> South Jersey Investor wrote:
>
> Looks like a Pacific Mackerel to me. Bleah, catfish bait!
> barbz

Colin Soden
January 9th, 2004, 08:50 AM
Down here we call it a horse mackerel
Colin

South Jersey Investor wrote:

> [Image]

Mudeye
January 11th, 2004, 01:36 AM
I'd have to agree with the other respondants here and say this this fish
definately looks like it is part of the Mackerel family. Not a variety I
have ever seen before myself though. Good luck.

Catch ya
www.mudeyelures.com

"South Jersey Investor" > wrote in message

ASIS
January 11th, 2004, 01:14 PM
definetly a MAckarel type .... am inclined to agree with everyone elses
opinion

tight lines

FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM!
http://mail.giantcompany.com

"Mudeye" > wrote in message
> I'd have to agree with the other respondants here and say this this fish
> definately looks like it is part of the Mackerel family. Not a variety I
> have ever seen before myself though. Good luck.
>
> Catch ya
> www.mudeyelures.com
>
> "South Jersey Investor" > wrote in message

Mmcneilmasonjr
January 14th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Looks like some kind of tuna

Allen
January 29th, 2004, 10:44 PM
spanish mackerel.... the come in a can for about 79 cents
Stop in at http://sea4two.net for more fishing information.
Allen
"South Jersey Investor" > wrote in message

R C LEHMAN
February 14th, 2004, 05:43 PM
David I hope you read this I am not ignoring your reply.

"David H. Lipman" > wrote in message
> Mackerel.
> Most likely Pacific Mackerel
> The last time I answered a question like this, no one ever confirmed or
denied it.

> Feed back is requested !
>
> Dave
> From the beaches of Monmouth County
>
> "South Jersey Investor" > wrote in message

R C LEHMAN
February 14th, 2004, 05:44 PM
David I hope you read this I am not ignoring you.

"David H. Lipman" > wrote in message
> Mackerel.
> Most likely Pacific Mackerel
> The last time I answered a question like this, no one ever confirmed or
denied it.

> Feed back is requested !
>
> Dave
> From the beaches of Monmouth County
>
> "South Jersey Investor" > wrote in message

David H. Lipman
February 14th, 2004, 11:41 PM
OK ????

Dave

"R C LEHMAN" > wrote in message
| David I hope you read this I am not ignoring you.
|

| "David H. Lipman" > wrote in message
| > Mackerel.
| > Most likely Pacific Mackerel
| > The last time I answered a question like this, no one ever confirmed or
| denied it.
| >
| > Feed back is requested !
| >
| > Dave
| > From the beaches of Monmouth County
| >
| > "South Jersey Investor" > wrote in message
| > |
| > |
| > |