PDA

View Full Version : Guide to Eating Ontario Sport Fish

PublicGIS
January 30th, 2004, 01:56 AM
If you currently fish in, or are planning a fishing trip to Ontario Canada,
please visit

www.publicgis.info/onfishing

This web site uses a "find by click" system to help you find
1. places to fish
2. discover species present
3. be advised how much fish you can safely eat

The web site uses a database compiled by the Province of Ontario, which is
the most comprehensive database of its kind in North America. This database
contains over 1,700 fishing locations and 38 species of fish.

Consumption advice is provided for each fish present, and indicates how much
of each fish for various sizes of catch you can consume per month.
Categories are as follows:

solid fish icon: not safe in any amount
circled "1": no more than one serving per month
circled "2": no more than two servings per month
circled "4": no more than four servings per month
hollow fish icon: no more than eight servings per month

As far as I know, there are no other electronic sources for this
information.

You can also limit your search to particular species (for example, "where
can I fish for Muskie near Barrie?")

Before you eat any fish caught in Ontario, make sure you visit the web site
to ensure the fish you caught is safe to eat--this is especially important
for pregnant women and children under 15 years.

Happy fishing!