PDA

View Full Version : Mounting Transducer on Belly Boat

:-: NeWcS :-:
February 8th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Im mounting a fishfinder on my belly boat and my question is should the
transducer be facing fwords the fron of me or behind? In the manual it show
the transducer pointing twords the back back of the boat. But im thinking
that since ina bellyboat your moving backwards should it be turned the other
way?

I hope this makes sense?

Where the arrow is should that be pointed front or back?
PLZ see picture --> http://mobfxp.homestead.com/files/transducer-tn.jpg

Thank you

February 9th, 2004, 03:21 PM
>Im mounting a fishfinder on my belly boat and my question is should the
>transducer be facing fwords the fron of me or behind? In the manual it show
>the transducer pointing twords the back back of the boat. But im thinking
>that since ina bellyboat your moving backwards should it be turned the other
>way?
>
>I hope this makes sense?
>
>Where the arrow is should that be pointed front or back?
>PLZ see picture --> http://mobfxp.homestead.com/files/transducer-tn.jpg

Part of it depends on what kind of propulsion system you are using,
but personally, when I had a depth finder on my bb, it was behind me.

When I'm bb'ing, I use regular swim fins like a scuba diver or
snorkler would use. That makes me travel with my back to my
destination. If I had put the transducer on the backside, my legs
would have interfered with the signal. Make sense?

Jay