PDA

View Full Version : Possible Defect in Victorinox Swiss Army Lockblade (Hunter Model) Knives

John Decker
February 11th, 2004, 12:02 AM
There could be a defect in Victorinox Swiss Army (Hunter Model) Lockblade
Knives. I have order Lockblade knives (Hunter model) from two different online
dealers in knives and have found that there was a 2-3 millimeter vertical play
or movement of the locked blade after it was placed in the locked position.

The locked blade on other Swiss Army Lockblade knives that I own are tight and
have no play or movement after they are locked. One Swiss Army Knife dealer in
Connecticut gave me a full refund on the Hunter model and I am now waiting to
see what an online dealer in Texas, is going to do for the same Hunter model.
The dealer in Texas charges a 20% restocking fee which I have asked the dealer
to waive because the dealer should have checked out the knives for defects
before they sell them to internet customers.

Ordering merchandise over the internet is similar to ordering merchandise out of
a paper catalog, you have to depend on the dealerÕs description, often only a
picture, and statement about the merchandise since you cannot physically handle
the merchandise to check for defects.

I have noticed that there appears to be a price mark down on Swiss Army
Lockblade Knives at a number of online knife dealers. Every one of the Swiss
Army Lockblade knives should be checked or verified that the locking blades are
tight and have no play or movement in the locked position before purchasing
these knives. The Latin phraseÐ caveat emptor, has never been more appropriate
when ordering over the internet!

Swiss Army Lockblade Knife (Hunter Model):

http://www.knivesplus.com/VN-53641-Victorinox.HTML

http://www.swissknifeshop.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=SKS&Product_Code=53641

John Decker

steiner-gomez