PDA

View Full Version : Sannebel Island Florida

October 16th, 2003, 06:44 PM
We`re going there first week of Nov and I need some info on sal****er
fishing in the area . Are there headboats near there or fishing piers to
fish from and what types of tackle should we be taking ?

Dennis

CasaCass
October 16th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Sannibel has a fishing pier near the lighthouse. Can be very good for snook
and redfish this time of year. Spinning gear or conventional the handle 12-15
lb test will be good for pulling fish out from under the pier, yet stay
sporting. There are headboats that go out from nearby Ft. Myers Beach. The
headboats rent basic 40lb test bottom gear but it is not very good equipment
and is probably not the most reliable either.

Captain Dave Cassidy
Naples, Florida

(941)352-7292

October 19th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Thanks for the reply Capt Dave . I`ll have to check he map to see how
far Ft Meyers is from Sannibel Island . We`ll have all the nessecary
equiptment .

Dennis

Russ Sehnoutka
October 20th, 2003, 02:38 AM
wrote:

> Thanks for the reply Capt Dave . I`ll have to check he map to see how
> far Ft Meyers is from Sannibel Island . We`ll have all the nessecary
> equiptment .
>

> Dennis

You reach Sanibel Island by driving through Ft. Myers and/or Cape Coral.
If you are flying into Regional SouthWest Airport, that is the Ft. Myers
airport.

--
Russ Sehnoutka

Remove the "XX"'s to reply back to me!