PDA

View Full Version : Spearfishing

Muuurgh
March 21st, 2004, 03:55 PM
I live in Oklahoma. I'm a certified diver and would love to learn more
about spear fishing. Anyone know of a good site or book to read on this
subject?

Thanks,
-Muuurgh

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
March 21st, 2004, 04:30 PM
"Muuurgh" > wrote in message
> I live in Oklahoma. I'm a certified diver and would love to learn more
> about spear fishing. Anyone know of a good site or book to read on this
> subject?

Try this link... http://www.spearfishing.com/ It wasn't hard to find
something, the search engine found 109 entries when I typed in
"spearfishing".

In the U.S. though, especially in freshwater, you're probably going to be
limited to roughfish and possibly catfish. Here in Wisconsin, all gamefish
are off limits to spearfishing. Although other states might have different
regulations.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

George
March 23rd, 2004, 04:56 PM
It's legal in Nevada for unprotected species in all Nevada waters except
Lake Tahoe and Topaz Lake. You can spearfish for striped bass in Lake Mead
and Lake Mojave with some restrictions.
George in Las Vegas