PDA

View Full Version : rod / reel combo?

Firas Hammoud
April 7th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Hi group,

This spring/summer will be my second fishing season (so ridiculously excited
for it) and i want to purchase a descent rod and reel. I have my budget
set around $80 USD and it might not seem like much but i'm sure i can get
my "second" rod for that price and have it be an ok one. I know i might not
get a great one for that price but i dont mind at this point i'm still
learning.

locations: Ottawa area and the GTA ...
type of fishing: bass (large/small), trout, catfish, panfish, pike.

I'm doing off shore fishing so the trout might not be a big deal. I dont
have access to boat but hopefully when i move to Brampton i could find
someplace around there that rents boats (even a row boat lol).

Oh and if you want to throw in some tips on lures and what to look for, feel
free as well :)

Thanks again group!
Fish on!!

confidence through AVG.