PDA

View Full Version : Old Mariner motor

Messing In Boats
April 18th, 2004, 12:41 AM
I may be buying a grey 50hp, four cylinder two stroke Mainer outboard
motor I'm trying to determine the age of. It burns oil/gas straight from
the tank without any of that new-fangled direct injection. It says
"Power Trim" on the front and has a serial number of 6367819, no model
number I can find. It is supposed to love fuel.

Any idea what year it is? And this burns 50:1, doesn't it?

CXapt. Jeff

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
April 18th, 2004, 01:34 AM
"Messing In Boats" > wrote in message
> I may be buying a grey 50hp, four cylinder two stroke Mainer outboard
> motor I'm trying to determine the age of. It burns oil/gas straight from
> the tank without any of that new-fangled direct injection. It says
> "Power Trim" on the front and has a serial number of 6367819, no model
> number I can find. It is supposed to love fuel.
>
> Any idea what year it is? And this burns 50:1, doesn't it?

If it's what I think it is, it's earlier than 1984, I'm guessing somewhere
around 1978.
--
Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
http://www.outdoorfrontiers.com

trainfan1
April 18th, 2004, 02:56 AM
Messing In Boats wrote:

> I may be buying a grey 50hp, four cylinder two stroke Mainer outboard
> motor I'm trying to determine the age of. It burns oil/gas straight from
> the tank without any of that new-fangled direct injection. It says
> "Power Trim" on the front and has a serial number of 6367819, no model
> number I can find. It is supposed to love fuel.
>
> Any idea what year it is? And this burns 50:1, doesn't it?
>
> CXapt. Jeff

I think this is the 46.36 cu. in. Suzuki... Late 70's early 80's, and it
is 50:1.

Rob