PDA

View Full Version : Hooking shrimp

BuZZard
May 13th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Ok.. how do YOU hook a shrimp and why?

I hook them from under.. right in the mouth.. and come
out right in front of their brain. They stay looking foward.. if
thats how the fish eat them.

I seen people hook them thru the tail... and thru the side....
but I have luck thru the mouth out the top.. they seem to
stay alive...

Mark Pruett
May 24th, 2004, 05:53 AM
"BuZZard" > wrote in message >...
> Ok.. how do YOU hook a shrimp and why?
>
> I hook them from under.. right in the mouth.. and come
> out right in front of their brain. They stay looking foward.. if
> thats how the fish eat them.
>
> I seen people hook them thru the tail... and thru the side....
> but I have luck thru the mouth out the top.. they seem to
> stay alive...

Down near Galveston, it's SOP to hook shrimp just under that horn on
top of their heads- it doesn't hurt them, and they still swim pretty
naturally. That, and it's a pretty secure place to hook them, since
it's through 2 layers of shell and that horn is above the hook.