PDA

View Full Version : crappie bait

Flora Beaudry
May 20th, 2004, 05:19 PM
what is the best live bait for crappie?

thanx

Todd Norris
May 30th, 2004, 09:26 PM
I always had used shiner minnows about
two or three inches. I hooked them either on
the lips or under the dorsal fin. I had tried crickets a couple of
times here in Michigan. I
hooked under the collar. I also use the a small quill bobber while
fishing for crappie and
other panfish. Lightly hooked them so the hook will not tear the
mouth.
I had caught some two pounders in the
lakes in California by using this method. Also
a fun way to catch crappies is try fly fishing for
them with unual flies for panfish. A large crappie is fun to catch on
a flyrod.

Trouter

Big John
July 25th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Check out www.crappie.com for a answer. Follow the links to the new fourms
at Gr8Vacations.com

There you will find the new crappie.com fishing forums with a fourm for most
states and one general crappie fishing discussion board for everyone. You
can't find better information on crappie fishing anywhere else.

As for the best LIVE bait for crappie well that depends on who you ask and
where they are from. Rosey reds are one that comes to mind for those that
can get them. They are raised in Arkansas and we have them availble to us
here in Evansville, IN.

We fish with chubs, shinners of all sizes

I personally like to use plastic Squirmin Squirt Jigs from Bass Pro Shops.
The won two crappie usa fishing tournaments in a row at Patoka Lake in
Southern IN. Check out the white lightning version and add a chartruse
crappie nibble to the jig hook. Berkely Baits makes the crappie nibbles.
They will catch lots of crappie without having to use live bait.