PDA

View Full Version : Badin Fish Report 6-6-04

Ookie Wonderslug
June 8th, 2004, 12:13 AM
I got to the lake early this time. Thought I would get to watch the
sun rise with my son who finally decided to go fishing with me. Well,
the stupid store wasn't open so I couldn't buy us any drinks or bait.
I thought, ok, I'll go to the marina and get some. So we launched and
headed out. I thought that since it was June and it had been hot for
the last month that we wouldn't be cold. I was wrong. We were
freezing. So I get to the marina and wouldn't you know it? It was not
open yet. I figured I would catch some shad and use it for bait.
After 30 minutes of casting my net in a place where the fish finder
was telling me was surface to bottom fish I caught 2 shad. We took
them and tried to fish in a little cove over from the marina. About 10
minutes later I caught a 2ft diameter turtle which got my bait. So I
sat there with my son, cold as hell for over an hour waiting on that
marina to open.

It opened at 7:15 and I finally got some worms. We went up to the dam
and tried our luck. All we got was hung up. We fished until noon,
still freezing the whole time, only at places that the fish finder
said was teeming with fish and I caught precisely one fish.

We headed back just in time for the rain to hit. We both added soaking
wet to freezing and were glad to be back in the truck and away from
that cursed place.

It was the worst time I have ever had a Badin. Every time I have went
this year was less fun that the last. No matter what the forecast it
ends up being cold and windy. The fish just haven't been biting there
this year either. Last year I went and every single time caught lots
of fish and had a ball. Not anymore.

I reckon this will be my last Badin Fish Report. I have had it with
that lake. I can catch just as many fish, the same size in a small
lake less than 3 miles from my house. It's not 40 miles away and
crowded with assheads in huge boats like Badin is.

Although that beautiful blonde waitress at the Marina's restaurant is
quite a good reason to go back. If she had flirted with me just once I
probably would be there every week and then some. But alas, she seems
to have better sense than to flirt with a scruffy fisherman like
myself. So farewell Badin! It was fun while it lasted, but those days
are gone. So am I.