PDA

View Full Version : Cat fish baits

Rodney
October 8th, 2003, 03:46 PM
brian wrote:

> i think this group needs to list more baits please lets here all ideas

Best bought bait for channel and blues is "Squid"

Stays on the hook, I have on numerous occasions caught 4 fish on the
same piece of bait. It is bought at the finer grocery stores, (if you
don't live near the beach) it comes in a 3 lb box, that I take home,
thaw out, and repackage two squid to the baggy , and re freeze, just two
of these squid can bait your lines all night.

Next best bought bait is shrimp, they don't stay on as well, and they
need to be thawed a while to get that smell right.

Next best is rooster liver, fresh, not frozen, if possible, frozen if
not, followed by regular fresh liver, then frozen liver

Big grass hoppers, cats love these

Live or dead minnows

Crawfish , these always work

Dead shad is about the best natural bait, but comes off the hook easily
Followed by dead small bream , or cut bream

Cut Ship Jack also works

Night crawler worms are also good, as well as cataba worms

Wieners actually do work, but believe it or not, even miniature marsh
mellows work in farm ponds.

All of the home made baits, and bought ones come after these.

There are many more that have been used, each fisherman has his favorite

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

Topwaterlures
October 13th, 2003, 06:54 PM
believe it or not i live in louisiana where catfishing is a big thing and some
people use dogfood.

i would like to hear from you

Bruce Yates
October 14th, 2003, 03:41 PM
I used to use "Moist & Chunky" dog food on trot lines and it was the
best. Lines would be loaded with fish.

Have not been able to find it in years.

Bruce

On 13 Oct 2003 17:54:47 GMT, (Topwaterlures)
wrote:

>believe it or not i live in louisiana where catfishing is a big thing and some
>people use dogfood.
>
>i would like to hear from you

slld
October 15th, 2003, 05:08 PM
I live in Louisiana and fish the Ouachita river and use cheap
hotdogs cut in 8 pieces and soaked in tuna or other fish oil
let sit in the sun 2 to 4 hours Usually bite better the second day it is on
trotline...
FYI
Jim