PDA

View Full Version : catfish bait

Chris P
December 5th, 2003, 04:09 AM
what kind of catfish bait is good in the winter time night crawlers,
chicken livers or home made catfish bait

chris

Rodney
December 5th, 2003, 01:46 PM
Chris P wrote:

> what kind of catfish bait is good in the winter time night crawlers,
> chicken livers or home made catfish bait
>
> chris

So far Shad has been working better than anything else for me after the
weather cooled down

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,

Chris P
December 6th, 2003, 01:22 AM
would shadwork in the winter. someone said night crawlers work in winter

Rodney
December 6th, 2003, 02:36 PM
Chris P wrote:

> would shadwork in the winter. someone said night crawlers work in winter

Both work all the time
--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,
Straight Up Lures, Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights,
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Rodney
December 7th, 2003, 09:54 PM
Rodney wrote:
> Chris P wrote:
>
>> would shadwork in the winter. someone said night crawlers work in winter
>>

> Both work all the time

Now yesterday I could not catch shad on a bet,, and I did try, some guys
came in from fishing in their boat and had success with just minnows
fished on or just off the bottom, they left me with a couple dozen,
which quickly put catfish on the bank.

Don't ever forget using minnows for catfish, last spring I caught a very
large number of good cats on live and dead shiners. If you guys didn't
know, minnows is the number one natural bait catfish feed on,, there is
not many chicken livers going down stream without a hook in them, nor
any stink baits, and actually a worm is a rare thing for a catfish to
find, unless the water is high.

I went all last year not using any liver for bait, I stuck with shad,
another natural food for cats, minnows, and a few worms, the worms
caught too many squealers, and bream though, and I really don't like
using them much any more, except in real deep water in the summer.

--
Rodney Long,
Inventor of the Boomerang Fishing Pro. , Straight Up Hooks ,
Straight Up Lures, Mojo's Rock Hopper & Rig Saver weights,
and the EZKnot http://www.ezknot.com

Chris P
December 8th, 2003, 09:02 PM
cool, me and my dad go out sometimes he just sits on his ass now and
dont go with me he does but not that much any more. i go by my self to
the yadkin river and catch nothing but sticks and that is it. i just
agot an ambassadeur fishing real, and an some other stuff, thank for the
info. but need more bait for me :)