PDA

View Full Version : Lake Texoma gives up another record blue cat

mrdancer
January 21st, 2004, 03:43 PM
Last Friday, Cody Mullennix of Howe, Texas caught a 121-pound, 8-ounce
catfish from Lake Texoma using a 3-inch shad on 20-pound test line. The
weight of the fish has been certified and the fish will be the new Texas
state record. Current state records are 100 pounds on rod and reel and 116
pounds unrestricted and both also came out of Lake Texoma.

The fish should also be a new world record, although certification is still
pending.

The live fish will be on display at the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center in
a few weeks.

http://espn.go.com/outdoors/fishing/s/f_fea_cat_blue_record_121-8_Burkhead.html

RGarri7470
January 23rd, 2004, 05:18 PM
>caught a 121-pound, 8-ounce
>catfish from Lake Texoma using a 3-inch shad on 20-pound test line.

The article I read said 80 pound test line.
Ronnie

http://fishing.about.com

mrdancer
January 26th, 2004, 03:43 PM
"RGarri7470" > wrote in message
> >caught a 121-pound, 8-ounce
> >catfish from Lake Texoma using a 3-inch shad on 20-pound test line.
>
> The article I read said 80 pound test line.

I'm not sure where ESPN got the 80-pound reference. My info says it was
20-pound test line.
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/fish/infish/hatchery/tffc/newsrel/bigbluecat.htm