PDA

View Full Version : Fluorescing lines for catfish/nightfishing

Matt Berigan
March 7th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Hi!

I'm looking for advice on fluorescent lines for night fishing for heavy
cats and on big current rivers. I'm looking for tips from folks that
currently use abrasion resistant heavy lines that fluoresce under black
light. Is it effective and can you see your lines? Are there problems
with black light and fluorescent lines?

Thanks
MattB

mberigan at berigan dot com

David H. Lipman
March 7th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Matt:

I've been using Stren for years. It's my favourite line for Surf Fishing.

It will glow just under a light with ultraviolet (i.e, Mercury vapor), it doesn't have to be
a blacklight but it will be bright under that light.

When I was younger and there was a fishing pier here, the night fishing for Ling & Whiting
was fun in the Winter. We'd be packed shoulder to shoulder on the pier and there were
Mercury lamps facing the water. Those with Blue or Yellow Stren would show up and you can
see your line easily until it hit the water then it would just disappear.

Dave

"Matt Berigan" > wrote in message
om...
| Hi!
|
| I'm looking for advice on fluorescent lines for night fishing for heavy
| cats and on big current rivers. I'm looking for tips from folks that
| currently use abrasion resistant heavy lines that fluoresce under black
| light. Is it effective and can you see your lines? Are there problems
| with black light and fluorescent lines?
|
| Thanks
| MattB
|
| mberigan at berigan dot com

Bob La Londe
March 11th, 2004, 03:28 PM
I can't help you directly. I haven't fished much for catfish in years, but
I did add a forum for catfishing here.

http://www.yumabassman.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=catfishing

Maybe a visitor will have some tips for you.

P.S. I ave done some catfishing int he past, and talk with many of the guys
locally who are big on catfishing.

--
Public Fishing Forums
Fishing Link Index