PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Film Will Glorify Anti-Hunter/Angler| Sierra Club

Outdoors Magazine
March 26th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Hollywood Film Will Glorify Anti-Hunter/Angler| Sierra Club

Hollywood Film Will Glorify Eco-Terrorist- (03/26)

National

A vigilante pirate sinking ocean vessels to make a political statement seems
like the perfect plot for the big screen. That's where the tale will end up,
but it is not a fictional account. Plans are under way for a movie in which
eco-terrorist Paul Watson will be portrayed as a hero of the high seas.

Academy award winning actor Sean Penn is preparing to play Watson in a movie
that glorifies the pirate's 1979 sabotage of a whaling ship in Portugal.
Watson, founder of Sea Shepherd Conservation Society, is known for his
tactics of ramming and sinking whaling ships in the name of animal rights.
He is excited about the film and told The Oregonian, "We live in a media
culture, so that when Sean Penn becomes me, he'll be more me than I've ever
been."

Watson's vigilante actions have sent him to jail in six countries and
inspired other animal rights extremists. Among them is Tre Arrow, a
high-profile ELF protestor who was recently captured by the FBI for his
alleged involvement in numerous eco-terror attacks in Oregon.

Watson is very pleased that his legacy is in Hollywood's hands. He admits
that "what was not acceptable will become acceptable. Society might frown
upon what you do but when they make a motion picture about you then, hey, it
's ok. It even worked for Bonnie and Clyde."

While Hollywood prepares to immortalize Watson on the silver screen, he is
preparing to commandeer the country's oldest and largest environmental
organization, the Sierra Club. He plans to usurp control of the organization
's board of directors and its enormous budget.

"We're only three directors away from controlling that (Sierra Club) board,"
Watson announced to a group of anti-hunters last September. "And once we get
three more directors elected, The Sierra Club will no longer be pro-hunting
and pro-trapping and we can use the resources of the $95-million-a-year
budget to address some of these issues."

Information on this website can be reprinted with a citation to the U.S.
Sportsmen's Alliance and www.ussportsmen.org

For more information about how you can protect your rights as a sportsman,
contact The U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, 801 Kingsmill Parkway, Columbus, OH
43229. Phone (614) 888-4868. E-Mail us at

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net