PDA

View Full Version : fireline etc.

Gone Angling
September 19th, 2003, 04:42 PM
I changed my line to fireline. I noticed that there is a small piece of tape on
the new spool. I used this tape to afix the knotted line to the spool on the
reel. Very convenient and it does the trick.
Richz has often said the fireline is superior at cutting weeds. It is the hooks
on the lure that grabs the weeds. Is what is meant the the line cuts out a
trail for the lure on the retrieve.
Further i found that a triangular creamic knife sharpener is superior as a base
camp hook sharpener. The angle is set properly and you only have to draw the
hook down vertically on the sharpener.

Dark Knight
September 19th, 2003, 06:00 PM
Hi GA,

Not wanting to speak for Rich, but I've found that if you get wrapped around
a couple of rushes or such, a sharp yank will pull the Fireline clean
through.

What's the make of the sharpener? I'm always on the look out for a good
model, and so far the best I've seen is from www.klawhorn.com.

DK

"Gone Angling" > wrote in message
> I changed my line to fireline. I noticed that there is a small piece of
tape on
> the new spool. I used this tape to afix the knotted line to the spool on
the
> reel. Very convenient and it does the trick.
> Richz has often said the fireline is superior at cutting weeds. It is the
hooks
> on the lure that grabs the weeds. Is what is meant the the line cuts out
> trail for the lure on the retrieve.
> Further i found that a triangular creamic knife sharpener is superior as a
base
> camp hook sharpener. The angle is set properly and you only have to draw
the
> hook down vertically on the sharpener.

Gone Angling
September 19th, 2003, 06:40 PM
>Hi GA,
>
>Not wanting to speak for Rich, but I've found that if you get wrapped around
>a couple of rushes or such, a sharp yank will pull the Fireline clean
>through.
>
>What's the make of the sharpener? I'm always on the look out for a good
>model, and so far the best I've seen is from www.klawhorn.com.
>
>DK

The make of the sharpener is spyderco.

If the hooks in your lure get caught in weeds is there a way of using fireline
to more easily free it up?

Tony
September 20th, 2003, 03:56 PM
> If the hooks in your lure get caught in weeds is there a way of using
fireline
> to more easily free it up?

Pull harder.

Tony

Rich Conley
September 23rd, 2003, 08:34 PM
For any of you who havent use spyderco knives, I heartily recommend them.