PDA

View Full Version : Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists

Outdoors Magazine
October 31st, 2003, 09:16 PM
Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists

Pro-fish activists have won permission from Disney to adapt a film poster
for Finding Nemo to help promote vegetarianism to youngsters.

Pressure group Peta says it is using the cartoon characters on leaflets,
along with a two-metre tall fish, to persuade children not to eat fish.

The film features a shark who attends a support group for vegetarians which
uses the Peta slogan prominently.

A spokesman for Peta (People of the Ethical Treatment of Animals) said: "We
were delighted to see our tag-line 'Fish are friends not food' in the
Finding Nemo movie.

"The slogan is even being used on Finding Nemo pyjamas."

"We hope that after seeing Finding Nemo, children will agree that fish
belong in the ocean, not on dinner plates."

Story filed: 13:55 Thursday 9th October 2003

Copyright © 2003 Ananova Ltd

--
James Ehlers

Outdoors Magazine
www.outdoorsmagazine.net

Deerhunter
August 14th, 2004, 04:58 AM
I recommend using the pic in the link below to promote more rice eating :-)
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40076da3_6c04/bc/My+Documents/Nemo.jpg?BCfFZHBB4hV7.q8w

Outdoors Magazine wrote:
> Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists
>
> Pro-fish activists have won permission from Disney to adapt a film poster
> for Finding Nemo to help promote vegetarianism to youngsters.
>
> Pressure group Peta says it is using the cartoon characters on leaflets,
> along with a two-metre tall fish, to persuade children not to eat fish.
>
> The film features a shark who attends a support group for vegetarians which
> uses the Peta slogan prominently.
>
> A spokesman for Peta (People of the Ethical Treatment of Animals) said: "We
> were delighted to see our tag-line 'Fish are friends not food' in the
> Finding Nemo movie.
>
> "The slogan is even being used on Finding Nemo pyjamas."
>
> "We hope that after seeing Finding Nemo, children will agree that fish
> belong in the ocean, not on dinner plates."
>

> Story filed: 13:55 Thursday 9th October 2003
>
> Copyright © 2003 Ananova Ltd

Hooked
August 14th, 2004, 09:08 AM
"Deerhunter" > wrote in message
> I recommend using the pic in the link below to promote more rice eating
:-)

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/40076da3_6c04/bc/My+Documents/Nemo.jpg?BCfFZHBB4hV7.q8w

> Outdoors Magazine wrote:
> > Disney joins forces with pro-fish activists
> >
> > Pro-fish activists have won permission from Disney to adapt a film
poster
> > for Finding Nemo to help promote vegetarianism to youngsters.
>
> snip <

Disney.

The same company that owns "Miramax."

The same company that refused to release "Fahrenheit 911" because they
might lose some tax breaks.

Go figure.

"I keep hearing these Republicans trying to dismiss
the three injuries Kerry got in Vietnam. You know, I
didn't see Ann Coulter out there. I didn't see Rush
Limbaugh out there. I didn't see Dick Cheney,
who got five deferments out there."
--Max Cleland, former US Senator from Georgia