PDA

View Full Version : Jack Frost Bamboo Flyrod????

Scott
November 11th, 2003, 07:55 PM
My Grandmother gave me a flyrod last weekend that she said belonged to my
Great Grandfather.

There was a note attached to it, written by my Grandfather that said that
the rod was purchased for him by his wife as a present in 1925. She paid
$55 for it. <it seems to me you could by a car for about $75 in 1925> It
is a 3 piece rod with a cork handle and it is in nearly perfect condition.

I haven't been able to find any information on Jack Frost rods other than
that there was a company in lower England that was incepted in the late
1800's that made fishing rods.

I am curious to where I can find out if the pole is worth anything and what
the history of the pole is.

Any info. would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Scott

RDL
November 12th, 2003, 12:02 AM
You might have better luck finding out the info. from the ROFF newsgroup.

Richard