PDA

View Full Version : Hello to the group

Scott J
December 3rd, 2003, 09:07 AM
I thought I would take a moment to introduce myself as I have never
read or posted here before.

I'm a self taught fly fisherman in SW GA. I bought my first rod, which
I still have although with a better reel, about 10 yrs ago as I am an
avid fisherman and was bored with the typical southern states fishing
methods. I learned to fish on the Indian River in Sebastion Fl as a
child with my father and later moved here to GA. I use to not care
much for freshwater fishing as a result of my childhood and only
occasional went and then only by invintation, but after seeing a
Martin Combo at Wally World I thought I would give it a try. After a
lot of trial and error, mostly error to start with, I learned to
handle my rod with some confidence and later found a great book for
beginners by Bill Mason that helped me refine my techniques. I don't
have to explain to any of you the vast difference in approach and
prespective that hooked me. Of course it might have been that 2 1/2#
large mouth on my 7 wt line too <G>. I've done a little trout fishing
in N GA but rarely get up there although I hope to change that soon
enough. I hope to learn a lot and enjoy myself here.

Scott J