PDA

View Full Version : fly swap

Randy
February 20th, 2004, 12:05 AM
Can anyone explain to me how a fly swap works? I am interested in p[utting
one on in our Club (whidbey Island Fly Fishing Club) .Also, The pro's and
con's. Is the guy who over see's it called the "swapmaster"?
I think that it goes something like this. One person oversees the project.
You get people to sign up who'll tie their favoritefly. Once you get all of
the Players lined up you figure out how many each person needs to tie. They
in turn submit their flyx # of participants with the recipe to the
"swap-master. Who inturns packages each fly and pattern and distributes them
to the participants. Is this right??? Thanks

Tim J.
February 23rd, 2004, 03:05 PM
"Randy" wrote...
> Can anyone explain to me how a fly swap works? I am interested in p[utting
> one on in our Club (whidbey Island Fly Fishing Club) .Also, The pro's and
> con's. Is the guy who over see's it called the "swapmaster"?
> I think that it goes something like this. One person oversees the project.
> You get people to sign up who'll tie their favoritefly. Once you get all of
> the Players lined up you figure out how many each person needs to tie. They
> in turn submit their flyx # of participants with the recipe to the
> "swap-master. Who inturns packages each fly and pattern and distributes them
> to the participants. Is this right??? Thanks

Randy - here's a well-run swap that's just wrapping up on
rec.outdoors.fishing.fly. Lots of good tips there.

http://home.att.net/~fleischman/FSswappers.htm

.. . . and here's an excellent FAQ: http://gula.org/roffswaps/faq.html

--
TL,