PDA

View Full Version : New website with 1000+ photos & videos of wild trout & insects they eat

Jason Neuswanger
February 29th, 2004, 05:55 AM
http://www.troutnut.com

I just finished this site a few days ago as an original resource for
fly fishermen to learn about stream science so they can tie better
imitations and just generally understand the trout better. My photos
are all from northwest Wisconsin, in tributaries to both Lake Superior
and the Mississippi system, though many should be interesting and
applicable elsewhere.

The site includes over 1,000 large close-up photos of live stream
insects, mostly mayfly nymphs but a bit of everything. It's also got
a unique application to let you compare any image on my site
side-by-side with any other at various levels of rotation, brightness,
or zooming.

That's all in the "naturals gallery" section here:
http://www.troutnut.com/naturals/index.html

I've also got 50+ underwater photographs from trout streams, including
some awesome photos of a dense school of wild brookies in a northern
Wisconsin river in February and a huge school of minnows in the same
river. I've also got some neat underwater photos of caddis larvae in
their natural habitat.

That's all in the "underwater photos" section here:
http://www.troutnut.com/underwater/index.html

And I've got movies of ten different nymphs moving around showing
their various swimming motions:
http://www.troutnut.com/movies.html

Hope you all like it!

Jason Neuswanger, Trout Nut