PDA

View Full Version : Grand River Browns

Robin Shortt
March 27th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Ontario's Grand River has some of the best Brown fishing
in the world. Its catch and release so it always has an abundance of fish.
There is also a good population of Rainbows and Brookies as well. I live
near the Grand,
so I know a lot about it. If you have any questions leave
a post.

Thanks Robin Shortt
http://www.goodnightcampingequipment.com

so_fsckd
April 4th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Did you have an opportunity to read Martins "Fly Fishing the Grand
River". I just moved to guelph recently and am getting back into fly
fishing. I read the book and got a crap load of flies tied up now and
waiting for may.

Curious where some good river access points might be. The
conservation areas are a good idea I think. I dont want to go furthur
than Fergus and will most likely stay closer to Elora.

I remember fishing that river about 8 years ago. I scaled the walls
of the gorge (which you are not supposed to do) to get to what looked
like a long deep pool. Well, there was a hatch going on and although
I could not catch anything but the flies, I was getting bumped by alot
of fish.

The grand will be my new best friend.
On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:00:46 GMT, "Robin Shortt"
> wrote:

>Ontario's Grand River has some of the best Brown fishing
>in the world. Its catch and release so it always has an abundance of fish.
>There is also a good population of Rainbows and Brookies as well. I live
>near the Grand,
>so I know a lot about it. If you have any questions leave
>a post.
>
>Thanks Robin Shortt
>http://www.goodnightcampingequipment.com

Alan
April 5th, 2004, 09:22 PM
In behind the racketball club between Fergus/Elora is a pretty good place.
Has a couple deeper holes on the opposite side of the river. Plus if you go
out Belside toward Belwood there are a couple pathways heading down toward
the river. Haven't fished it yet but looks really good. It is only about
1/2 - 3/4 of a mile outta Fergus, there are a couple auto shops on the right
and on the left is the pathways. Opening is April24. Barbless hooks, catch
and release only, no live bait.
Happy Hooking...

"so_fsckd" > wrote in message
> Did you have an opportunity to read Martins "Fly Fishing the Grand
> River". I just moved to guelph recently and am getting back into fly
> fishing. I read the book and got a crap load of flies tied up now and
> waiting for may.
>
> Curious where some good river access points might be. The
> conservation areas are a good idea I think. I dont want to go furthur
> than Fergus and will most likely stay closer to Elora.
>
> I remember fishing that river about 8 years ago. I scaled the walls
> of the gorge (which you are not supposed to do) to get to what looked
> like a long deep pool. Well, there was a hatch going on and although
> I could not catch anything but the flies, I was getting bumped by alot
> of fish.
>
> The grand will be my new best friend.
> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:00:46 GMT, "Robin Shortt"
> > wrote:
>
> >Ontario's Grand River has some of the best Brown fishing
> >in the world. Its catch and release so it always has an abundance of
fish.
> >There is also a good population of Rainbows and Brookies as well. I live
> >near the Grand,
> >so I know a lot about it. If you have any questions leave
> >a post.
> >
> >Thanks Robin Shortt
> >http://www.goodnightcampingequipment.com

Jim Medeiros
May 9th, 2004, 02:29 AM
I'm jealous!

--
Jim Jr.

Early to Bed, Early to Rise,
Fish all Day, Make up Lies.

"Alan" > wrote in message
> In behind the racketball club between Fergus/Elora is a pretty good place.
> Has a couple deeper holes on the opposite side of the river. Plus if you
go
> out Belside toward Belwood there are a couple pathways heading down toward
> the river. Haven't fished it yet but looks really good. It is only about
> 1/2 - 3/4 of a mile outta Fergus, there are a couple auto shops on the
right
> and on the left is the pathways. Opening is April24. Barbless hooks, catch
> and release only, no live bait.
> Happy Hooking...
>
> "so_fsckd" > wrote in message
> > Did you have an opportunity to read Martins "Fly Fishing the Grand
> > River". I just moved to guelph recently and am getting back into fly
> > fishing. I read the book and got a crap load of flies tied up now and
> > waiting for may.
> >
> > Curious where some good river access points might be. The
> > conservation areas are a good idea I think. I dont want to go furthur
> > than Fergus and will most likely stay closer to Elora.
> >
> > I remember fishing that river about 8 years ago. I scaled the walls
> > of the gorge (which you are not supposed to do) to get to what looked
> > like a long deep pool. Well, there was a hatch going on and although
> > I could not catch anything but the flies, I was getting bumped by alot
> > of fish.
> >
> > The grand will be my new best friend.
> > On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 20:00:46 GMT, "Robin Shortt"
> > > wrote:
> >
> > >Ontario's Grand River has some of the best Brown fishing
> > >in the world. Its catch and release so it always has an abundance of
> fish.
> > >There is also a good population of Rainbows and Brookies as well. I
live
> > >near the Grand,
> > >so I know a lot about it. If you have any questions leave
> > >a post.
> > >
> > >Thanks Robin Shortt
> > >http://www.goodnightcampingequipment.com

Robin Shortt
May 25th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Yes that stretch from Elora to the bellwood dam is a an excellant area to
fish. The River may be a bit high right now with all the rain.