PDA

View Full Version : Mommy!!!

Craig
September 21st, 2003, 08:10 PM
I almost crapped my pants as I started to lift a bass I caught out of the
water and all of a sudden there was this explosion and all I see is teeth
coming at me. Scared me so bad I jumped back, fell on my butt, and screamed
like a big o' sissy girl.

It turned out to be a BIG MUSKIE, and it took my bass right out my hand.
Along with my lure, and a bit of my pride. Everyone within eye shot was
laughing their butts off as I sat there trying to get my heart to stop
pounding out of my chest.

Figured y'all could appreciate a little laugh too.

--
Craig

Calif Bill
September 22nd, 2003, 08:14 PM
Could have been worse. That muskie could have bit your hand. Last year,
one of the local guys almost got his arm between the salmon he was getting
ready to net and a Great White shark that leaped on that sammie.
Bill

"Craig" > wrote in message
.com...
> I almost crapped my pants as I started to lift a bass I caught out of the
> water and all of a sudden there was this explosion and all I see is teeth
> coming at me. Scared me so bad I jumped back, fell on my butt, and
screamed
> like a big o' sissy girl.
>
> It turned out to be a BIG MUSKIE, and it took my bass right out my hand.
> Along with my lure, and a bit of my pride. Everyone within eye shot was
> laughing their butts off as I sat there trying to get my heart to stop
> pounding out of my chest.
>
> Figured y'all could appreciate a little laugh too.
>
> --
> Craig

Dan
September 22nd, 2003, 10:38 PM
Yet another reason to limit your fishing to the top of the food chain! :-)

Dan

"Calif Bill" > wrote in message
k.net...
> Could have been worse. That muskie could have bit your hand. Last year,
> one of the local guys almost got his arm between the salmon he was getting
> ready to net and a Great White shark that leaped on that sammie.
> Bill
>
> "Craig" > wrote in message
> .com...
> > I almost crapped my pants as I started to lift a bass I caught out of
the
> > water and all of a sudden there was this explosion and all I see is
teeth
> > coming at me. Scared me so bad I jumped back, fell on my butt, and
> screamed
> > like a big o' sissy girl.
> >
> > It turned out to be a BIG MUSKIE, and it took my bass right out my hand.
> > Along with my lure, and a bit of my pride. Everyone within eye shot was
> > laughing their butts off as I sat there trying to get my heart to stop
> > pounding out of my chest.
> >
> > Figured y'all could appreciate a little laugh too.
> >
> > --
> > Craig

Chris Jones
September 22nd, 2003, 10:48 PM
I had a similar experience with a Tiger Muskie. I was bringing in a nice 4
pound bucket mouth and as I was reaching down to lip her I noticed a log
quickly rising to the surface. I was hypnotized but at the last second
instincts took over and I stood up and pulled the bass out of the water.
The Tiger Musky looked ****ed when it broke the surface. That thing had to
be 4 feet long.
"Craig" > wrote in message
.com...
> I almost crapped my pants as I started to lift a bass I caught out of the
> water and all of a sudden there was this explosion and all I see is teeth
> coming at me. Scared me so bad I jumped back, fell on my butt, and
screamed
> like a big o' sissy girl.
>
> It turned out to be a BIG MUSKIE, and it took my bass right out my hand.
> Along with my lure, and a bit of my pride. Everyone within eye shot was
> laughing their butts off as I sat there trying to get my heart to stop
> pounding out of my chest.
>
> Figured y'all could appreciate a little laugh too.
>
> --
> Craig

Richard Liebert
September 23rd, 2003, 03:01 AM
Best post I've seen in a while.

"Chris Jones" > wrote in message
> I had a similar experience with a Tiger Muskie. I was bringing in a nice
4
> pound bucket mouth and as I was reaching down to lip her I noticed a log
> quickly rising to the surface. I was hypnotized but at the last second
> instincts took over and I stood up and pulled the bass out of the water.
> The Tiger Musky looked ****ed when it broke the surface. That thing had
> be 4 feet long.
> "Craig" > wrote in message
> .com...
> > I almost crapped my pants as I started to lift a bass I caught out of
the
> > water and all of a sudden there was this explosion and all I see is
teeth
> > coming at me. Scared me so bad I jumped back, fell on my butt, and
> screamed
> > like a big o' sissy girl.
> >
> > It turned out to be a BIG MUSKIE, and it took my bass right out my hand.
> > Along with my lure, and a bit of my pride. Everyone within eye shot was
> > laughing their butts off as I sat there trying to get my heart to stop
> > pounding out of my chest.
> >
> > Figured y'all could appreciate a little laugh too.
> >
> > --
> > Craig

Josh
September 23rd, 2003, 04:42 AM
Great Post Craig. . . made me grin. Never had that happen to me but know it
must have pushed the adrenalin up a notch or two lol lol.

--
God Bless America

Josh The Bad Bear

Craig
September 23rd, 2003, 01:04 PM
I have to tell ya, I shared this little event because if I had seen it,
rather than lived it, I would have been the first one on the scene to do an
instant 15-minute comedy act. Re-enacting the event - the looks, the fall,
and the scream. Especially that scream.

--
Craig

Who Cares
September 23rd, 2003, 02:39 PM
This story brings backs memories of a trip to Wisconson from my youth.
We were fishing for northern and was starting to bring one in the boat
when a musky hit it, only thing left was the head.

I remember how the game officers use to catch fishermen putting hook
harnesses on baby ducks and using them for bait. One morning I saw
first hand how a musky could pick off a baby duck, the mother and the
babys were all in a row when there was a big splash and then all you saw
were some feathers.

An other time I heard about someguy who boated a musky and it bit him on
the ankle all the way through his red wing boot. Nuf rambling fo now.
These days most of my fishing is for smallmouth, lot safer that way.
LOL.