PDA

View Full Version : Tying (tieing?) Flies in Connecticut.

Steve C.
April 10th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Years ago, I had my dads' fly rod out, and found a shallow narrow river
for casting in. I never caught anything, because of the river that is
wasnt', but I got a LOT of experience getting my flies out of trees, and
learning how the finer points of a carefully placed fly.
Now in my late 40's, I'm interested in Fly fishing the RIGHT
way.........so I'm in the market for a local fly tyer (tier?) here in the
middle of the state of Connecticut. Someone who I can get together with
during this summer, (perhaps on Saturdays), and sit and watch and learn
from. Maybe there is a fly tying (Tieing?) class in the area??????
My goal is to make my own flies, get my gear, and be out on the river
in waders by NEXT Spring. I'm looking for specific shop names, in the
middle of Connecticut, (North,South, East & West), for supplies for tying
(tieing?) and fishing gear as well.
Who knows, maybe you are a Senior gentleman who would like to pass
along your fly tying (tieing?) skills to a younger fella; maybe you are just
"into" tying (tieing?) and would like to have company while the two of us
tye (tie?) flies together......who knows.....
Frankly, I'd RATHER learn from a person on a "one-on-one" than in a
classroom setting........especially from my elders, who've been doin it a
lot longer.......
Send an e-mail if you have any helpful names of people, or stores, or
classes.
"Thanks" ahead of time!!
Steve C.