PDA

View Full Version : Upper Delaware

Bill
May 17th, 2004, 05:13 PM
I am planning my first float ( pontoon ) on the West Branch of the
Upper Delaware and will be starting at Deposit New York in the
morning. My question is: What access point should I pick (ending
point) to make arrangements for a shuttle service to pick me up? I
would like to figure on 5 - 6 hours on the river.

Also, any names & phone # of shuttle services operating during the
week would be greatly appreciated.

paraleptropy
May 17th, 2004, 11:21 PM
A few things you've gotta take into consideration are the water flows.
This will let you know if you're going to be able to get out of your
boat and fish. If you do get out and fish, this will be a factor as
to where you will float to. Deposit to Hale Eddy is approximately a 6
mile float. I would imagine a Pontoon is a slower float, especially
with wind, than a drift boat. You may want to go from Deposit to the
Gamelands area downstream from Hale's Eddy. Balls Eddy I believe will
be way too far for a pontoon.

I know the Rainbow River Outfitters, owned by the West Branch Angler
has a shuttle service, as well as The Ultimate Flyfishing Store also
located in Hancock. Give them both a try.

A vast majority of the Delaware river guides post quite often on NEFF,
North Eastern Fly Fishing > http://www.neflyfishing.net. You can ask
each of the guides all of your questions (you don't have to register
to leave these guides messages on the site).

- Good luck

On 17 May 2004 09:13:57 -0700, (Bill) wrote:

>I am planning my first float ( pontoon ) on the West Branch of the
>Upper Delaware and will be starting at Deposit New York in the
>morning. My question is: What access point should I pick (ending
>point) to make arrangements for a shuttle service to pick me up? I
>would like to figure on 5 - 6 hours on the river.
>
>Also, any names & phone # of shuttle services operating during the
>week would be greatly appreciated.

-=SAGE=-
http://www.njflyfishing.com
0 Limit,Catch -n- Release

Viscount Turbot d'espery Ling OBE
May 18th, 2004, 02:59 AM
Bill
wrote in message:

> I am planning my first float ( pontoon ) on the West Branch of the
> Upper Delaware...

Try:
www.delawareriverfishing.com

Dwayne Fetterman
January 30th, 2005, 11:32 PM
That's a nice trip if you are not too ambitious and/or foolhardy as mw and a
friend of mine were on our first trip. We thought Deposit to Junction pool
would be a good day's fishing and ended up hitting an olive hatch early and
floating the Delaware in the dark. (There are some bigass bugs out there at
night.) Darkness can cause some problems.
Deposit to the Gamelands sounds good.
Sorry I can't help with a shuttle service.
"Viscount Turbot d'espery Ling OBE" > wrote in
message ...

> Bill
> wrote in message:
>
> > I am planning my first float ( pontoon ) on the West Branch of the
> > Upper Delaware...
>
> Try:
> www.delawareriverfishing.com

Gary M
January 31st, 2005, 09:17 PM
Dwayne Fetterman wrote:
> That's a nice trip if you are not too ambitious and/or foolhardy as mw and a
> friend of mine were on our first trip. We thought Deposit to Junction pool
> would be a good day's fishing and ended up hitting an olive hatch early and
> floating the Delaware in the dark. (There are some bigass bugs out there at
> night.) Darkness can cause some problems.
> Deposit to the Gamelands sounds good.
> Sorry I can't help with a shuttle service.

You can get a Shuttle Service out of West Branch Angler. It was 20
dollars a few years back.

paraleptropy
February 19th, 2005, 10:48 PM
On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:32:40 -0500, "Dwayne Fetterman"
> wrote:

>That's a nice trip if you are not too ambitious and/or foolhardy as mw and a
>friend of mine were on our first trip. We thought Deposit to Junction pool
>would be a good day's fishing and ended up hitting an olive hatch early and
>floating the Delaware in the dark. (There are some bigass bugs out there at
>night.) Darkness can cause some problems.
>Deposit to the Gamelands sounds good.
>Sorry I can't help with a shuttle service.
>"Viscount Turbot d'espery Ling OBE" > wrote in
>message ...
>>
>> Bill
>> wrote in message:
>>
>> > I am planning my first float ( pontoon ) on the West Branch of the
>> > Upper Delaware...
>>
>> Try:
>> www.delawareriverfishing.com

You're better off getting the shuttle at Border Water Outfitters (Paul
Weamer). The guys in the WBA have absolutely no personalities. At
least you'll feel at home in Pauls shop. WBA is a very nice place to
stay, but if you have to deal with people, try elsewhere.

As far as where to float to / from... I'll leave that for a guide to
tell you. The guides from many of the shops up there work together in
order to avoide too much traffic on any given float. Don't worry
about the fishing, the WB, EB, and MS all have plenty.

- Best wishes!
-=Paraleptropy=-
http://www.neflyfishing.net
0 Limit,Catch -n- Release