PDA

View Full Version : Re: Rod Licences!

Gnat
September 20th, 2003, 01:13 PM
>> "Gray"
>> Don't disagree at all Matt
>>
>> --
>> Regards
>> Gray
>>
>> http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk
>>

>> >"Matt (IS Team)"
>> > IMHO the licence should remain and should be more expensive (I think
>> > £30 would be reasonable).
>> > This is why:

[snip]

> Richard
> But need to be more flexible for example a fee per rod so you can opt
> for 1, 2, 3 or 4 rods. Many carp anglers would like 3 or 4. I suspect
> some match anglers would like 1. Should be done on a pro rata basis,
> namely about £10 per rod per year. I contacted the EA about this
> recently ..... no plans .... just one thing that aggravates customers.

This is already covered after a fashion, a Rod Licence covers you for up
to two rods, if you want to fish three or four rods you need two licences.

Best.

Nathan.

marktattoo
September 20th, 2003, 05:03 PM
maybe just a discussion and the princible behind it as in why tax the
fisherman and not other sports ?

"Dominic Lloyd" > wrote in message
> christt, lads. it's twenty quid a year, is all.

warren dobson
September 21st, 2003, 10:56 AM
I think losing the license would be a bad thing. At the moment the EA has a
direct obligation to the angler because he or she pays a yearly
fee........infact id go as far to say that the license fee should be
increased, so long as the revenue raised was spent wisely in a way to
protect and benefit our sport.

if we are going to abolish a license lets lose the (surely illeagal) tv
license!!!

marktattoo
September 21st, 2003, 07:39 PM
slight differance with the tv licence even though I disagree with them. But
at least you can opt of of them legally by having a tv tetunes as not to
pick the bbc services up