PDA

View Full Version : Re: PowerPro line

Eric
September 22nd, 2003, 03:31 PM
One very important thing that I almost forgot.

MAKE SURE: you put on a good bit of mono line before you put on your
power pro. If you skip this step, when you try to reel in a fish, your
whole line spool will spin around your spool and you will be very
upset. I learned this the hardway.

-Eric
www.sal****ersportswear.com
Best Fishing Shirts in Town!

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:21:11 GMT, Eric > wrote:

>I use power pro and I love it. You can go with a high pound test and
>the line diameter is very small. It is almost impossible to cut on a
>sharp rock and is very dificult to cut just to tie on a leader. You
>definatly want to use a leader with this line. It is one of the few
>braided lines that does not trash your eyelets. I use this line for
>fresh and salt water fishing and have not yet been disappointed. When
>you do need to cut it, make sure you have a pair of SHARP sissors.
>Nail clipper are a real pain to use to clip this line.
>
>-Eric
>www.sal****ersportswear.com - Salt and Fresh water fishing shirts.
>
>On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 05:45:00 -0700, "SHRED" > wrote:
>
>>Is this stuff good for fishing over rocks(some sharp)?
>>
>>I realize that if I get stuck I would have to cut the line.
>>How does it resist abrasions from hard objects?
>>
>>I am looking for a line that has minimum to zero stretch that I can fish
>>T-rigged plastics on rocky drop offs and rock piles. I want a line that is
>>smooth through the guides also.
>>
>>Now I am using 12lb Stren High Impact with decent success but sometimes,
>>with a lot of line out, my hooksets are not as positive as I would like. I
>>am thinking of upping to 15 pound test. These are SoCal bass and I am a bit
>>reluctant to go heavier because the bass are a bit line shy I think.
>>Although...the water I fish is quite stained with 1 foot vis.
>>
>>Thanks for the help.

Jerry \NervisRek\ Barton
September 22nd, 2003, 07:47 PM
Eric, save yourself the headache of the line spinning on the spool by
placing a piece of tape over your knot. Also, I find it better to spool the
whole thing with Power Pro, that way when I need to change the line I just
reel it onto another spool and use the back unused portion.
--
Jerry Barton
www.jerrys-world.com

"Eric" > wrote in message
> One very important thing that I almost forgot.
>
> MAKE SURE: you put on a good bit of mono line before you put on your
> power pro. If you skip this step, when you try to reel in a fish, your
> whole line spool will spin around your spool and you will be very
> upset. I learned this the hardway.
>
> -Eric
> www.sal****ersportswear.com
> Best Fishing Shirts in Town!
>
> On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 15:21:11 GMT, Eric > wrote:
>
> >I use power pro and I love it. You can go with a high pound test and
> >the line diameter is very small. It is almost impossible to cut on a
> >sharp rock and is very dificult to cut just to tie on a leader. You
> >definatly want to use a leader with this line. It is one of the few
> >braided lines that does not trash your eyelets. I use this line for
> >fresh and salt water fishing and have not yet been disappointed. When
> >you do need to cut it, make sure you have a pair of SHARP sissors.
> >Nail clipper are a real pain to use to clip this line.
> >
> >-Eric
> >------------------------------------------------
> >www.sal****ersportswear.com - Salt and Fresh water fishing shirts.
> >
> >On Mon, 8 Sep 2003 05:45:00 -0700, "SHRED" > wrote:
> >
> >>Is this stuff good for fishing over rocks(some sharp)?
> >>
> >>I realize that if I get stuck I would have to cut the line.
> >>How does it resist abrasions from hard objects?
> >>
> >>I am looking for a line that has minimum to zero stretch that I can fish
> >>T-rigged plastics on rocky drop offs and rock piles. I want a line that
is
> >>smooth through the guides also.
> >>
> >>Now I am using 12lb Stren High Impact with decent success but sometimes,
> >>with a lot of line out, my hooksets are not as positive as I would like.
> >>am thinking of upping to 15 pound test. These are SoCal bass and I am a
bit
> >>reluctant to go heavier because the bass are a bit line shy I think.
> >>Although...the water I fish is quite stained with 1 foot vis.
> >>
> >>Thanks for the help.

Eric
September 23rd, 2003, 06:10 PM
Very good idea!

-Eric
www.sal****ersportswear.com
Best Fishing Shirts in Town!

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:47:50 -0400, "Jerry \"NervisRek\" Barton"