PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell 300 reel

September 28th, 2003, 09:09 PM
Does anyone know if spare spools are still available for the old Mitchell
300 spinning reels..?

thanks in advance..

SS.

Peter Cliff
September 29th, 2003, 03:22 PM
Haaaa! Another crazy man who likes the old fashioned tackle! I have the
same problem, nice reel but not enough spools, but I have solved it.
The National Vintage Fishing Tackle Show, which is usually held at
Redditch twice a year, has several exhibitors who sell both Mitchell
300, 400 and 410 reels and spare spools - but be warned. When I bought
my last one I was almost reprimanded when I suggested I couldn't wait to
get out and use it. These days, it seems, they are confined to
collectors who exhibit them on their mantlepieces. Not only must they
have understanding wives but their living rooms must be a MESS!

They may not have all the latest gizmos etc, but the week before last I
landed a 17lb plus carp on 4lb line. It made the old reel make a few
funny noises as the fish raced against the slipping clutch - but it
still ended on the bank. I did however, strip down the reel and give it
a good greasing after the exercise...

However, enough of my ramblings. More on the NVFTF at
http://www.fisheries.co.uk/nvtf

Just don't beat me too it!

Good luck

Peter

In message >, s

--
Peter Cliff
Fisheries.co.uk

D W
September 29th, 2003, 07:35 PM
> Does anyone know if spare spools are still available for the old
Mitchell
> 300 spinning reels..?

There's one on ebay.co.uk