PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Hand Tackles Shops ?

Brownz
October 5th, 2003, 07:44 PM
Hi all,

Anyone know of any decent 2nd Hand Tackles Shops in the Thames Valley Area.
Preferably within the Reading, Swindon, Oxford Triangle ?

Cheerz - Brownz

Ergo
October 7th, 2003, 07:13 AM
Brownz wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone know of any decent 2nd Hand Tackles Shops in the Thames Valley
> Area. Preferably within the Reading, Swindon, Oxford Triangle ?
>
> Cheerz - Brownz

I think you will be hard pushed to find a shop that just sells second-hand
tackle. Try all ofthe charity and junk shops, you may stand more chance.
Also look in the local papers and free papers for adverts. It really depends
on what you want. You may even find stuff in antique shops.

--
Ergo ²°°³

---
Don't worry I am virus free atm. rofl

Izaak
October 7th, 2003, 10:56 AM
"Brownz" > wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone know of any decent 2nd Hand Tackles Shops in the Thames Valley
Area.
> Preferably within the Reading, Swindon, Oxford Triangle ?

Bit out of your area but there's The Tackle Exchange at Walton-on-Thames
(01932 245453). They advertise in Angling Times. I've never used them so
that's all I can tell you.

Simon Harris
October 7th, 2003, 03:51 PM
"Brownz" > wrote in message >...
> Hi all,
>
> Anyone know of any decent 2nd Hand Tackles Shops in the Thames Valley Area.
> Preferably within the Reading, Swindon, Oxford Triangle ?
>
> Cheerz - Brownz

A good (but slight 'sad') source of second-hand tackle is pawnbrokers.
There is a chain of such places called 'Cash Converters' - IIRC. Like
most of these places it's all a bit hit-and-miss.

Simon

Richard
October 7th, 2003, 05:05 PM
"Simon Harris" > wrote in message
om...
> "Brownz" > wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Anyone know of any decent 2nd Hand Tackles Shops in the Thames Valley
Area.
> > Preferably within the Reading, Swindon, Oxford Triangle ?
> >
> > Cheerz - Brownz
>
> A good (but slight 'sad') source of second-hand tackle is pawnbrokers.
> There is a chain of such places called 'Cash Converters' - IIRC. Like
> most of these places it's all a bit hit-and-miss.
>
> Simon

I have looked in cash converters locally and the prices for secondhand items
are absurd .... not much different to buying new via mail/telephone order.

Richard

---

hoot
October 12th, 2003, 10:03 AM
Try ebay usual cheaper than shops

Alex
October 12th, 2003, 04:35 PM
"hoot" > wrote in message
> Try ebay usual cheaper than shops

Is it?
I sold a John Wilson (signature) Avon quiver system some time back on e-bay
It fetched £72.00 far more than I expected as they were available mail order
for £50.
The same with a Shimano Catana reel, available for £18. I got £23 on E-bay.
IMO the secret with E-bay is not to put a reserve on your goods
people bidding get fed up (I do) with getting "Reserve not met" feel they
are being pushed to bid higher than they intended and lose interest.
With no reserve you get lots of bidders and a competition develops.