PDA

View Full Version : Fishing at Blenheim Palace

Ian Butler
October 8th, 2003, 10:20 PM
Hi

I am Pike fishing at Blenheim next month. Does anyone have any info.
on any hotspots or winning tactics.

Cheers

Dave Brown
October 9th, 2003, 09:50 AM
"Ian Butler" > wrote in message
> Hi
> I am Pike fishing at Blenheim next month. Does anyone have any info.
> on any hotspots or winning tactics.
> Cheers

How much does it cost to fish there Ian ?

I hear that there are also large Catfish in the Blenheim Lake, is this true,
should I bring along half a donkey and some rope to try and catch one with
!! ;-)

I've been getting well into the pike fishing recently, and have had some
very good fish out of the Thames/weirpools at Sutton Courteney.

Most successful lure has been the wasp spinner type of bait, bagging fish at
a rate of 3 to 1 compared to my mate with standard spoons & spinners.

See the bottom of this page
http://www.tackleworld.co.uk/acatalog/Tackleworld_co_uk_Pike_Lures_and_Spinners_90.html to see what one of these lures look like.

Cheers - Brownz