PDA

View Full Version : 5 Ways

Matt \(IS Team\)
October 15th, 2003, 07:25 PM
I taking a friend fishing at the weekend (he's never fished before) and
thought we'd try 5 Ways (http://www.fisheries.co.uk/5wayslakes/index.htm)...

He'll be using some of my spare stuff (no real harm in float fishing with a
quiver rod), ideally I'd like him to use my old pole (an old 8m glass fibre
beast!) as I think short pole fishing is easier to teach and to learn, but
it'll only take an 6/8 elastic. The fisheries site says you'll get 'nuisance
fish on maggots, so if he fished with maggots would an 6/8 be OK?

m@

Matt \(IS Team\)
October 19th, 2003, 07:05 PM
"Matt (IS Team)" > wrote in message
> I taking a friend fishing at the weekend (he's never fished before) and
> thought we'd try 5 Ways
(http://www.fisheries.co.uk/5wayslakes/index.htm)...

> He'll be using some of my spare stuff (no real harm in float fishing with
> quiver rod), ideally I'd like him to use my old pole (an old 8m glass
fibre
> beast!) as I think short pole fishing is easier to teach and to learn, but
> it'll only take an 6/8 elastic. The fisheries site says you'll get
'nuisance
> fish on maggots, so if he fished with maggots would an 6/8 be OK?

Well, as it turns out the 6 was plenty!
He didn't have anything over a few ounces, but he did really enjoy it, tad
on the cold side though!