PDA

View Full Version : blasford hill Chelmsord

Danny Gibson
October 21st, 2003, 10:58 PM
Anyone tried this fishery lately? I'll be going to it near Xmas and if anyone has any good pointers on how to tackle each lake - (I'm a carp novice) then I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Dan

Al-McD
October 28th, 2003, 08:01 PM
I was there last weekend. Tough fishing as all the water levels are down.
Forget the first lake on approach.
Right hand side lake was quiet, but apparently has seen some 10lb carp over
the last week.
Main left hand side lake was far better with a few 10-15lbs. Best spot is
right over on the far side dead north the island, this is where the carp are
hiding, they seldom venture over to the shallow sides nearest the Chelmer.
They are unfussy eaters, although I personally recommend Monster Pursuit
boilies.
Don't fish there during the week, there is a lot of ground moving plant in
action, weekends are fine though.