PDA

View Full Version : Barbed Triples Fishing for Pike

Harv
October 25th, 2003, 11:28 AM
I have just recently brought a couple of lures which have barbed triples and
hope to use them to fish for Pike on the Norfolk Broads, Normally I wouldnt
consider using barbed hooks. Is it OK to use Barbed Hooks with the lures or
should I file them off?

Rich (newbie)

October 25th, 2003, 03:20 PM
if your bothered just squeeze the barbs down flat with your forceps...thats
what I do..!

Matt \(IS Team\)
October 26th, 2003, 03:37 PM
"Harv" > wrote in message
> I have just recently brought a couple of lures which have barbed triples
and
> hope to use them to fish for Pike on the Norfolk Broads, Normally I
wouldnt
> consider using barbed hooks. Is it OK to use Barbed Hooks with the lures
or
> should I file them off?

I would squeeze them flat with some pliers as this leaves a 'bump' that can
give a little extra hold. Unless, of course, there are reg's on barbed hooks
where you plan to fish....