PDA

View Full Version : Maver Pole top sections

JJ
October 30th, 2003, 12:21 PM
I only have 2 top kits, one has a 6 elastic through 2 and the other has a 12
elastic through 3, I only needed the 6 elastic the other day but swapping
rigs (one for close in and one for 11m) was a royal pain in the arse. A
second top 2/3 with the same elastic would have meant more time fishing
rather than lots of time winding/unwinding the rigs...
A maver top kit is £45, but I see ads in the press for generic top kits for
half that (or less), am I better getting the pukka part or 2/3/4 of the
generic ones for the same money? Or is it a case of getting what you pay
for?
I only need them for light-ish elastics (4-6)...

Cheers all...

JJ

David Lee
October 30th, 2003, 06:34 PM
Well, it really depends. Are you a top-flight match man>? Are you a once a
month pleasure angler? If you are really into matches, i suggest you get the
maver ones, howvever, a pole I use now, (Browning Silicium) has been
discontinued, and I use some universal kits and they're fine. You might find
the cheap ones "spongey", but if you are prepared to go to £35 then they are
fine! I know a real good retailer btw! ;)

Dave
www.cscac.co.uk
"JJ" > wrote in message
> I only have 2 top kits, one has a 6 elastic through 2 and the other has a
12
> elastic through 3, I only needed the 6 elastic the other day but swapping
> rigs (one for close in and one for 11m) was a royal pain in the arse. A
> second top 2/3 with the same elastic would have meant more time fishing
> rather than lots of time winding/unwinding the rigs...
> A maver top kit is £45, but I see ads in the press for generic top kits
for
> half that (or less), am I better getting the pukka part or 2/3/4 of the
> generic ones for the same money? Or is it a case of getting what you pay
> for?
> I only need them for light-ish elastics (4-6)...
>
> Cheers all...
>
> JJ

JJ
November 5th, 2003, 06:07 PM
"David Lee" > wrote in message
> Well, it really depends. Are you a top-flight match man>? Are you a once a
> month pleasure angler? If you are really into matches, i suggest you get
the
> maver ones, howvever, a pole I use now, (Browning Silicium) has been
> discontinued, and I use some universal kits and they're fine. You might
find
> the cheap ones "spongey", but if you are prepared to go to £35 then they
are
> fine! I know a real good retailer btw! ;)

I try to fish once a week, and have fishing maybe 6 matches this year...
I think I'll get one Uni kit and see how it behaves. At £10 I don't think I
can complain too much if it's crap, it'll make a useful 'emergancy' spare!
Or it might fit the Mrs's pole!