PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Warm in Winter?

Danny
November 3rd, 2003, 10:42 PM
Hi. I am planning on braving the winter, and doing some decent winter
sessions this year. Any tips?

I have my eyes on a JRC 5-Season sleeping bag, and will wrap up in plenty of
jumpers, etc.

What are bivvy heaters like? Are they worthwhile?

Also, someone told me that he has seen rods go in during the winter where
the line had froze to the eyes of the rod. Is there any way of preventing
this?

Cheers.

Gray
November 4th, 2003, 08:28 AM
"Danny" > wrote in message
> Hi. I am planning on braving the winter, and doing some decent winter
> sessions this year. Any tips?

> Also, someone told me that he has seen rods go in during the winter where
> the line had froze to the eyes of the rod. Is there any way of preventing
> this?
>
> Cheers.

Yes there is away of not having the line freeze the eyes and that is to
use a drop of Glycerine on each eye

--
Regards
Gray

http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk

---

Danny
November 4th, 2003, 06:55 PM
Cheers Gray

"Gray" > wrote in message

> "Danny" > wrote in message
> > Hi. I am planning on braving the winter, and doing some decent winter
> > sessions this year. Any tips?
>
> > Also, someone told me that he has seen rods go in during the winter
where
> > the line had froze to the eyes of the rod. Is there any way of
preventing
> > this?
> >
> > Cheers.
>
> Yes there is away of not having the line freeze the eyes and that is to
> use a drop of Glycerine on each eye
>

> --
> Regards
> Gray
>
> http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk
>

> ---

kill bob not bill
November 8th, 2003, 10:03 AM
get a copy of hardcore cheerleaders ..! if you diont catch, then you'll
have a definate glow...

failing that.. a good pair of skeeteks, neoprene gloves and