PDA

View Full Version : Re: Westport, Ireland - Worth a trip?

Phil Cane
September 20th, 2003, 08:09 PM
In article >, colin
> writes
>Chris,
>Excellent report!
>When did you go?
>
>Colin

We went to Westport and stayed at the Helm last May and went out on the
'White Horse'. Weather for 3 of the days was poor, one day we could not
get out at all. The fishing was also slow, mackerel, dogfish and a
couple of bull huss. Due to the weather we were unable to get out to
Clare Island.

However, we had such a great time were going back, next Thursday for a
long weekend and a bash at the big flatties.

I'll post a report on my return.

--
Phil Cane

Michael O'shea
October 8th, 2003, 11:19 PM
Westport is definately worth a look. You should be able to fish most days,
even if the weather is bad. Mary Gavin Hughes is one of Ireland's best
skippers, but you would need to book her boat soon to get the dates you
prefer. Email me directly if more info needed.

Mike