PDA

View Full Version : Lancashire fishing spots?

Ant G
September 28th, 2003, 01:11 PM
I recently moved to Lancashire, to a small town just south of Preston. I was
wondering if anyone new of any decent beach casting spots around Lancashire?
I've been to Southport a few times (not fishing) but the tide's always about
2 miles out! I've heard somewhere around Lytham is good??? But I have no
idea where to try, so any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated!

Thanks a lot,
Ant

---

marktattoo
September 29th, 2003, 03:23 PM
Rossall between blackpool & fleetwood
five bar gate at blackpool
Morecambe stone jetty
heysham north wall
Heysham power station out flows
Arnside.

Depends on what fish you are really after ?

"Ant G" > wrote in message
> I recently moved to Lancashire, to a small town just south of Preston. I
was
> wondering if anyone new of any decent beach casting spots around
Lancashire?
> I've been to Southport a few times (not fishing) but the tide's always
about
> 2 miles out! I've heard somewhere around Lytham is good??? But I have no
> idea where to try, so any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated!
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Ant
>

> ---

Handy Andy
October 1st, 2003, 08:32 AM
Do you like fish & chips & larger & chattin - then Visit
http://www.nwsa.ukf.net/
look up.
Flyde and Mersey Reports
and
N.Wales Venue Reports
Post your messages one each board.
Leave a note for me, Don.
Expect loads of offers of help - "Meet me at the Gynn Wall etc."
There is also a useful Wirral Sea Anglers website - similar to, but not
better than, the North Wales Site....
Ooch.............. didn't mean it really............

"Ant G" > wrote in message
> I recently moved to Lancashire, to a small town just south of Preston. I
was
> wondering if anyone new of any decent beach casting spots around
Lancashire?
> I've been to Southport a few times (not fishing) but the tide's always
about
> 2 miles out! I've heard somewhere around Lytham is good??? But I have no
> idea where to try, so any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated!
>
> Thanks a lot,
> Ant
>

> ---

Ant G
October 1st, 2003, 11:30 PM
Excellent, thanks a lot! Just what I'm looking for ;-)

"Handy Andy" > wrote in message

> Do you like fish & chips & larger & chattin - then Visit
> http://www.nwsa.ukf.net/
> look up.
> Flyde and Mersey Reports
> and
> N.Wales Venue Reports
> Post your messages one each board.
> Leave a note for me, Don.
> Expect loads of offers of help - "Meet me at the Gynn Wall etc."
> There is also a useful Wirral Sea Anglers website - similar to, but not
> better than, the North Wales Site....
> Ooch.............. didn't mean it really............
>
> "Ant G" > wrote in message
> > I recently moved to Lancashire, to a small town just south of Preston. I
> was
> > wondering if anyone new of any decent beach casting spots around
> Lancashire?
> > I've been to Southport a few times (not fishing) but the tide's always
> about
> > 2 miles out! I've heard somewhere around Lytham is good??? But I have no
> > idea where to try, so any recommendations would be gratefully
appreciated!

> > Thanks a lot,
> > Ant
> >

> > ---

---

Handy Andy
October 2nd, 2003, 07:59 AM
Good - I also live in a small village just south of Preston !
To find my Email - right click on my posting, then properties, hey prosto.
Sort the 'dots' out to mail me direct. Only one real one needed !
Don

Mavrik
October 2nd, 2003, 04:25 PM
On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 12:11:52 +0000 (UTC), "Ant G"
> wrote:

>I recently moved to Lancashire, to a small town just south of Preston. I was
>wondering if anyone new of any decent beach casting spots around Lancashire?
>I've been to Southport a few times (not fishing) but the tide's always about
>2 miles out! I've heard somewhere around Lytham is good??? But I have no
>idea where to try, so any recommendations would be gratefully appreciated!
>
>Thanks a lot,
>Ant

There are a few website dedicated to fishing in the North West and
Wales with good discussion forums

http://www.shoreangling.co.uk

the web page

http://shoreangling.co.uk/phpBB2/index.php

The forum

If it aint broke..........Fix it till it is