PDA

View Full Version : Anglesey

The Big Man
September 28th, 2003, 11:12 PM
Hi guys

Any info on how the north Anglesey area is fishing from the boats,
particularly around the Whitebeach area?

Cheers

David

Gray
September 29th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Last I heard (last week) the place is fishing it's head off
Tope of up to 60lb and loads of good fish from the shores especially the
North side

--
Regards
Gray

http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk

"The Big Man" > wrote in message
> Hi guys
>
> Any info on how the north Anglesey area is fishing from the boats,
> particularly around the Whitebeach area?
>
> Cheers
>
> David

---

Gethyn Owen
September 30th, 2003, 08:56 AM
Out last sunday on the Princess. First few hours just off whitebeach -
plenty of fish. Mainly whiting with the odd dog, dab, and also a
couple mackerel and herring.

Moved into the straits for a few hours (off the Gazelle) and again
loads of fish - whiting, dogs, dragonets, pouting, poor cod, dabs,
goby's- loads of fish and loads of fun.

Gethyn

"The Big Man" > wrote in message >...
> Hi guys
>
> Any info on how the north Anglesey area is fishing from the boats,
> particularly around the Whitebeach area?
>
> Cheers
>
> David

Gray
September 30th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Gethyn
I know this is slightly off topic but
where do these boats sail from
and where am I liable to find a caravan site that IS open all year near
there

--
Regards
Gray

"Gethyn Owen" > wrote in message
om...
> Out last sunday on the Princess.

---

The Big Man
October 1st, 2003, 10:50 AM
Thanks Gethyn, can you suggest what the best baits are for the various
species?

David

"Gethyn Owen" > wrote in message
om...
> Out last sunday on the Princess. First few hours just off whitebeach -
> plenty of fish. Mainly whiting with the odd dog, dab, and also a
> couple mackerel and herring.
>
> Moved into the straits for a few hours (off the Gazelle) and again
> loads of fish - whiting, dogs, dragonets, pouting, poor cod, dabs,
> goby's- loads of fish and loads of fun.
>
> Gethyn
>

> "The Big Man" > wrote in message
> > Hi guys
> >
> > Any info on how the north Anglesey area is fishing from the boats,
> > particularly around the Whitebeach area?
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > David

Gethyn Owen
October 1st, 2003, 09:54 PM
The boats in that area sail from Beaumaris Pier,
you've a number of choices -
Starida, Sarah Jane and Island Princess - Stan Zalot 01248 810251
Cerismar 11 - Dave Jones 01248 831746
Lander - Alan Marsh - 01248 840107
Outider - Mick McKenna - 01248 810910

Baits are fairly straight forward, remembering where entering the
winter season you'll bag up big style using mackerel for whiting, dogs
etc.
Dabs go wild for a bit of black lug + squid/mackerel.
Additionally there are also huss and tope around.
The bassing at the moment is brilliant on live sand eel.

In the straits loads of whiting and dab + mini species to fish bait,
ragworm or black lug.

With winter approaching the fish are not tremendous in size, but
plentifull to give you a great day afloat.

Gethyn
www.goangling.co.uk

Gethyn Owen
October 1st, 2003, 09:56 PM
I'll check on the caravan sites for you and let you know, top of my
head, I think the site in Treborth on the straits is open all year.

The Big Man
October 3rd, 2003, 12:20 PM
Thanks Gethyn it's all a help for coming down next weekend. Hopefully we
won't the gales we've got up here today.

David

"Gethyn Owen" > wrote in message
om...
> The boats in that area sail from Beaumaris Pier,
> you've a number of choices -
> Starida, Sarah Jane and Island Princess - Stan Zalot 01248 810251
> Cerismar 11 - Dave Jones 01248 831746
> Lander - Alan Marsh - 01248 840107
> Outider - Mick McKenna - 01248 810910
>
> Baits are fairly straight forward, remembering where entering the
> winter season you'll bag up big style using mackerel for whiting, dogs
> etc.
> Dabs go wild for a bit of black lug + squid/mackerel.
> Additionally there are also huss and tope around.
> The bassing at the moment is brilliant on live sand eel.
>
> In the straits loads of whiting and dab + mini species to fish bait,
> ragworm or black lug.
>
> With winter approaching the fish are not tremendous in size, but
> plentifull to give you a great day afloat.
>
> Gethyn
> www.goangling.co.uk

Gethyn Owen
October 4th, 2003, 06:31 PM
David,

who are you fishing with?

Gethyn

"The Big Man" > wrote in message >...
> Thanks Gethyn it's all a help for coming down next weekend. Hopefully we
> won't the gales we've got up here today.
>
> David

The Big Man
October 5th, 2003, 12:07 AM
Gethyn