PDA

View Full Version : peacock bass fishing

billy v
September 24th, 2003, 02:47 AM
I am interested in doing a peacock bass trip but it's really
expensive. I was wondering if the american booking agents are taking a
big cut. Is it possible to book directly with the lodge and save a few
bucks? I can't find the email or phone numbers of the lodges in either
Brazil or Venezuela. Any thoughts on the matter boys?
Thanks for the advice
bv

Doc \(The Tin Boat King\)
September 24th, 2003, 05:48 AM
Try Florida. We have peacock bass in a few spots down here. Bill P.

"billy v" > wrote in message m...
I am interested in doing a peacock bass trip but it's really
expensive. I was wondering if the american booking agents are taking a
big cut. Is it possible to book directly with the lodge and save a few
bucks? I can't find the email or phone numbers of the lodges in either
Brazil or Venezuela. Any thoughts on the matter boys?
Thanks for the advice
bv

Adil Vaz
September 24th, 2003, 10:56 AM
Try www.manaustur.com.br, and follow the link to tourism-fishing-fishing
tour operators. Manaus is the capital of the Amazin, and a good starting
point for peacock bass (tucunare in Portuguese).
Adil Vaz
The Brazilian Basser
"billy v" > wrote in message
m...
> I am interested in doing a peacock bass trip but it's really
> expensive. I was wondering if the american booking agents are taking a
> big cut. Is it possible to book directly with the lodge and save a few
> bucks? I can't find the email or phone numbers of the lodges in either
> Brazil or Venezuela. Any thoughts on the matter boys?
> Thanks for the advice
> bv

---

Steve @ OutdoorFrontiers
September 25th, 2003, 10:23 PM
"billy v" > wrote in message
m...
> I am interested in doing a peacock bass trip but it's really
> expensive. I was wondering if the american booking agents are taking a
> big cut. Is it possible to book directly with the lodge and save a few
> bucks? I can't find the email or phone numbers of the lodges in either
> Brazil or Venezuela. Any thoughts on the matter boys?
> Thanks for the advice
> bv

Well, I did a simple search on DogPile and found numerous telephone numbers for peacock bass lodges.
Many of these are American owned and managed, staffed with local residents. I would just get on the
phone and start calling. Make sure to get references and actually take the time to follow up on
them. With this kind of trip, which could be a once in a lifetime event, I would definitely take
the time to make sure it's the right lodge. Beware the lowest price, because you often times get
what you pay for.

But even if you do go through a booking agent, often times it's cheaper than contacting the lodge
direct. I've been to Jamaica a couple of times and researched other trips and many times, got
better pricing through an agent than contacting the lodge!
--
Steve
OutdoorFrontiers