PDA

View Full Version : cod question

seb
October 10th, 2003, 05:35 PM
Hello all,

When do the cod normally show round the needles? I've only been
fishing for a year - caught my first bass this summer - now really
fancy a winter cod!

thanks

seb

SEAANGLING
October 10th, 2003, 06:11 PM
>When do the cod normally show round the needles?

About now, or the day after you go out for them, cheers and good luck, Norman.

seb
October 14th, 2003, 12:29 PM
Thanks Norman - I was thinking of using squid on a pennel rig - does
that sound sensible?

thanks

Seb

SEAANGLING
October 14th, 2003, 06:38 PM
>Thanks Norman - I was thinking of using squid on a pennel rig - does
>that sound sensible?

Certainly does and the bigger the bait the better, try a 3 hook pennel rig,
cheers, Norman.

seb
October 15th, 2003, 10:41 AM
Great. If the wind drops, I'll give it a go on Sunday. Thanks for your
help, I'll keep you posted

ChronicFatigue
October 17th, 2003, 08:33 PM
Can cod be caught from the shore at Milford on the shingle which runs up to
Hurst Castle overlooking the Needles and the Isle of Wight?

Any tips for fishing there at this time of year?

"seb" > wrote in message
> Great. If the wind drops, I'll give it a go on Sunday. Thanks for your
> help, I'll keep you posted

Gurgeh
October 17th, 2003, 08:55 PM
Walk down to the elbow, and fish 4hrs down 1 up, with Lug and squid. Better
waiting to the end of the month though. There are usually a few good Cod
caught there every winter.