PDA

View Full Version : reel problem

Gone Angling
September 24th, 2003, 02:47 AM
My reel (spirex 2000) squeaks on retrieve. It sounds like it is coming from the
handle shaft. I have applied a lot of oil to the handle area to no avail. I
don't know what the sam hill is wrong with it. help

RR
September 24th, 2003, 02:58 AM
Before I get flamed for feeding... I know.
Having said that, I too, am having the same problem with a Spirex 2000. Its
not even one season old and has an annoying squeak. As of yet, however, I
havent taken it apart and greased it as I normally do a new reel. Anyone
(else) have this problem or ever heard of it?
Thanks in advance