PDA

View Full Version : Total novice with two keen kids

Olly Aitch
October 13th, 2003, 03:20 PM
Got a really simple rod setup for the kids. Off to
WhitbyScarborough/Brid' next week.

Where and how can we fish so the kids see some action and don't get
disillusioned?

steve.bastiman
October 13th, 2003, 04:40 PM
Olly,

The piers at those places are about the best bet for 'easy' action ~ the
local tackle shops will point you in the right direction.

Regards

Steve B.

"Olly Aitch" > wrote in message
> Got a really simple rod setup for the kids. Off to
> WhitbyScarborough/Brid' next week.
>
> Where and how can we fish so the kids see some action and don't get
> disillusioned?

Gray
October 13th, 2003, 08:48 PM
That's where I used to take my two boys a good few years ago
the main thing is don't let them think they are going to get whoppers every
cast then when a big one comes along it's the icing on the cake

Also those billet in Brid harbour are buggers but you could catch 'em on
bread at one time (and chips ) due to the amount of rubbish chucked in by
the day trippers eating on the harbour

--
Regards
Gray

http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk

"steve.bastiman" > wrote in message
> Olly,
>
> The piers at those places are about the best bet for 'easy' action ~ the
> local tackle shops will point you in the right direction.
>
> Regards
>
> Steve B.
>
> "Olly Aitch" > wrote in message
> > Got a really simple rod setup for the kids. Off to
> > WhitbyScarborough/Brid' next week.
> >
> > Where and how can we fish so the kids see some action and don't get
> > disillusioned?

---