PDA

View Full Version : rod varnish

Peter Day
October 19th, 2003, 04:06 PM
Can you help me. looking for the small bottles of quick drying varnish for
my beach rods my local tackle shops dont sell it?
Thanks Pete.

Alex
October 19th, 2003, 04:38 PM
"Peter Day" > wrote in message
> Can you help me. looking for the small bottles of quick drying varnish
for
> my beach rods my local tackle shops dont sell it?
> Thanks Pete.

You can try these people they sell the Gibbs two part varnish,
tends to be a bit thick! and requires you to continually turn the rod for
around 1 hour. Great if you are re-whipping a rod and want to get the high
build finish.
Whats wrong with the polyurethane varnish available from any DIY outlet.

http://veals.co.uk/acatalog/

Colin Sloanes
October 20th, 2003, 06:50 PM
Hi
Don't use gibbs or polyurethane try a good car wax polish.

Regards,

Colin Sloanes
"Peter Day" > wrote in message
> Can you help me. looking for the small bottles of quick drying varnish
for
> my beach rods my local tackle shops dont sell it?
> Thanks Pete.

Colin Sloanes
October 20th, 2003, 07:04 PM
Hi again,

If you need to redo the varnish on the rings, then use gibbs it's the best.

Regards,

Colin Sloanes

"Peter Day" > wrote in message
> Can you help me. looking for the small bottles of quick drying varnish
for
> my beach rods my local tackle shops dont sell it?
> Thanks Pete.

ChronicFatigue
October 21st, 2003, 11:23 AM
My rods have minor cosmetic scratches on them from falling over on the
rocks! No permanent damage but is vanish such as that mentioned used to
cover these blemishes. Are sea fisherman not bothered about these and proud
of their battlescars?!