PDA

View Full Version : Re: Smallmouth Jig/Tube Spinning Rod/Reel

Rich Pierro
September 24th, 2003, 02:47 PM
If cost is a factor, I've recently discovered Rapala rods. In
particular the HM-35 or HM-45 long cast series are excellent for the price,
they're light and sensitive with nice rigidity and backbone. I like the
6'6" medium HM-35 spinning at $40 from Sports Authority. Of course I like
the Shimano Compre' line as well, but they're about $80 to$90. And for a
reel I went with a Diawa Samurai but for a little more money I also have and
would recommend a Fin-Nor Mega Lite. I have the 4000 series on a 7' Compre'
but with a lighter situation the 2000 would be great, best drag on the
market. This reel can be seen in action on the TV show Addictive Fishing
all the time.

Good luck,
Rich P

ink.net...