PDA

View Full Version : Information and Help on Barrel Swivels

Pigmaster
November 1st, 2003, 04:51 PM
Hi,

I am trying to locate a UK online supplier of Barrel Swivels or any
other swivel but I am finding it hard to locate the size I require.

I need a swivel with an eye ID of at least 6mm.

Biggst I have found is the Berkley Swivel 2/0 but this is too small, I
need somthing twice at large if you know what I mean :-)

I have been told I need a 6/0 swivel but my local takle shop does not
supply them and suggest a deep sea tackle shop.

Any body help?

Alex
November 1st, 2003, 05:26 PM
"Pigmaster" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> I have been told I need a 6/0 swivel but my local takle shop does not
> supply them and suggest a deep sea tackle shop.
>
> Any body help?
You can get 4/0 from here
http://www.jims-mail-order.co.uk/fishing2002/swivels.htm

Marty
November 3rd, 2003, 01:19 AM
"Pigmaster" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to locate a UK online supplier of Barrel Swivels or any
> other swivel but I am finding it hard to locate the size I require.
>
> I need a swivel with an eye ID of at least 6mm.
>
> Biggst I have found is the Berkley Swivel 2/0 but this is too small, I
> need somthing twice at large if you know what I mean :-)
>
> I have been told I need a 6/0 swivel but my local takle shop does not
> supply them and suggest a deep sea tackle shop.
>
> Any body help?

I am sure Mike at uk hooks can help you www.uk-hooks.com
his website is not up to much but phone him and i am sure he will be able to
help.
ask for one of his catalogues,he has a vast supply of fishing accessories
and his prices are very good ,i bet his hooks (all top quality Mustad
,Vmc,Eagle Claw etc) are the cheapest in the uk.
i have used him twice before and can't fault his service or prices
he is based on the Isle of White (i am up in Sunderland ) and has a very
speedy service.

The Big Man
November 3rd, 2003, 03:00 PM
I have to ask, what do you need swivels this size for?

David

"Pigmaster" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to locate a UK online supplier of Barrel Swivels or any
> other swivel but I am finding it hard to locate the size I require.
>
> I need a swivel with an eye ID of at least 6mm.
>
> Biggst I have found is the Berkley Swivel 2/0 but this is too small, I
> need somthing twice at large if you know what I mean :-)
>
> I have been told I need a 6/0 swivel but my local takle shop does not
> supply them and suggest a deep sea tackle shop.
>
> Any body help?

Alex
November 3rd, 2003, 05:02 PM
"The Big Man" > wrote in message
> I have to ask, what do you need swivels this size for?

A Garden swing!

Dave
November 4th, 2003, 12:49 PM
Suggest you go to a chandler and get some anchor swivels, they can be
obtained in galvanised or stainless steel

Check this site out

http://mysite.freeserve.com/boatfittings

Hope it helps

Dave S