PDA

View Full Version : 14ft Dijon Day Boat.Should I buy one

Bob Black
November 11th, 2003, 03:25 PM
I'm seriously thinking of getting a day boat for a spot of fishing. I live
in Falmouth in Cornwall and can fish in the harbour and up two large rivers,
The Helford and the Fal.
I don't need to go out into open water, just along the coast and estuaries.

Does anybody know if a Dijon day boat would be up to it or has anybody got
one they could share information with me.
Advice or experience would be appreciated.

Bob

roddytoo
November 11th, 2003, 10:26 PM
"Bob Black" > wrote in message
> I'm seriously thinking of getting a day boat for a spot of fishing. I live
> in Falmouth in Cornwall and can fish in the harbour and up two large
rivers,
> The Helford and the Fal.
> I don't need to go out into open water, just along the coast and
estuaries.

> Does anybody know if a Dijon day boat would be up to it or has anybody got
> one they could share information with me.
> Advice or experience would be appreciated.
>
> Bob
>
> I nearly bought one once, neat little boat, should be ideal for sheltered
waters, not so good for the open sea, subject to how far out etc.

keith.moxham
December 29th, 2003, 07:32 PM
why not providing you have a good engine and remember that yopu need the
same safety gear inshore as you do off shore. Also a very good anchor with
a good length of heavy chain an plenty of anchor rope min 3x depth of water
"Bob Black" > wrote in message
> I'm seriously thinking of getting a day boat for a spot of fishing. I live
> in Falmouth in Cornwall and can fish in the harbour and up two large
rivers,
> The Helford and the Fal.
> I don't need to go out into open water, just along the coast and
estuaries.

> Does anybody know if a Dijon day boat would be up to it or has anybody got
> one they could share information with me.
> Advice or experience would be appreciated.
>
> Bob

Dave
December 30th, 2003, 12:45 AM
I have put together a new web site for boat owners who give their thoughts
on the boats they have owned or own plus any equipment they use.

It is still in the early days of the site but do check it out as it may help
you

web address is http://fishing_boats.tripod.com/

Regards

Dave

"keith.moxham" > wrote in message
> why not providing you have a good engine and remember that yopu need the
> same safety gear inshore as you do off shore. Also a very good anchor
with
> a good length of heavy chain an plenty of anchor rope min 3x depth of
water
> "Bob Black" > wrote in message
> > I'm seriously thinking of getting a day boat for a spot of fishing. I
live
> > in Falmouth in Cornwall and can fish in the harbour and up two large
> rivers,
> > The Helford and the Fal.
> > I don't need to go out into open water, just along the coast and
> estuaries.
> >
> > Does anybody know if a Dijon day boat would be up to it or has anybody
got
> > one they could share information with me.
> > Advice or experience would be appreciated.
> >
> > Bob

k.barrett
December 31st, 2003, 02:09 PM
had dijon 14 for years,...very sound wee boat...though check airtight
compartments for soundness,...